Training Camp 2021

ReggieCamp

5 hours ago, bruceb said:

Njoku and Bryant are an able duo.

So maybe Hooper is just more cap space waiting to happen.

Unfortunately, Hooper's contract is structured very well...for Austin Hooper. He's not really tradable until at least next year, and even then he has a big ($11.25 mil) dead cap hit:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/austin-hooper-19035/

• Like 1

On 8/8/2021 at 9:51 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Knowing how smart our FO is, hopefully we turn those players who leave into future assets and keep this train moving 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I haven’t seen anyone say hooper looks like crap

I did, I thought he was very underwhelming last year and played more like an overachieving UDFA than the highest paid TE in the NFL

24 minutes ago, #32 said:

Should we be concerned with Delpit and Williams inability to stay on the field? 

Yes. We shouldn't depend on them at all moving forward. Their health should be a pleasant surprise rather than something that is assumed. We've got a deep enough roster to absorb it right now. But definitely something the FO will keep in mind in future years.

2 hours ago, #32 said:

Should we be concerned with Delpit and Williams inability to stay on the field?  Joe Woods defense needs these players albeit Berry did a wonderful job of filling the roster.

Yes.

The doctors' have said Williams' best case is less than full (85%, I think) recovery.

Probably not a good bet that Delphin will get back to near 100% pre-injury.

Given Williams', Ward's and Newsome's (in college at least) tendency to get injured and the perceived strength of the DB is an illusion.

Should be better than last year, but....

We are 3 deep at safety, and then a couple of average players then trouble and then about the same ar corner.

On paper that is enough. With our dbs it isnt really, all of them except maybe troy hill have a significant injury history, jj3, isnt vaccinated and has not completed 40% of his seasons. Ward has never completed a season.

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What does this mean for Baker Mayefield? Stephanski didnt draft him, Berry doesnt love him and they are bringing in an drafted free agent or a Mr Irrelevant witha drug problem to compete with him. They arent doing that in Carlolina. 

Joy with the News.

or they just want another arm for practice, so they dont wear out baker and they have other QBs for the preseason games because I doubt Baker and Keenum will play that much