Cam Newton Released

SBLIII

9 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

He won two Super Bowls, but still won the NFL championship which was before the NFL merger. If you want to ignore that, that's fine, but he still won twice anyway regardless. You can prop up any coach or downgrade any coach based on whether the quality of how they won fits into your personal wheelhouse or not. I don't care about comparing him to Belichick or anyone else. That wasn't the point of my response. 

He lost the SB that year. Nobody really considers NFL/AFL titles between when the SB started and the merger as world titles. Nobody says Namath is a 2x champ 

• Like 2

Who is the Patriots backup QB?  

Jarrett Stidham was placed on the reserve/physical unable to perform list.  Cam obviously cut and Brian Hoyer was cut.  

They should bring in Kyle Lauletta, that dude has some ability and had a strong preseason I think, but then again what they just bring Hoyer back since he knows the system?

Good for Mac Jones on winning the job, not a huge surprise with how well he played in the preseason, has great energy out there and communicates very well on the field and on the sideline.  

34 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Who is the Patriots backup QB?  

Jarrett Stidham was placed on the reserve/physical unable to perform list.  Cam obviously cut and Brian Hoyer was cut.  

They should bring in Kyle Lauletta, that dude has some ability and had a strong preseason I think, but then again what they just bring Hoyer back since he knows the system?

Good for Mac Jones on winning the job, not a huge surprise with how well he played in the preseason, has great energy out there and communicates very well on the field and on the sideline.  

Hoyer was released but expected to be resigned. Right now the only QB on their roster is Mac

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

He lost the SB that year. Nobody really considers NFL/AFL titles between when the SB started and the merger as world titles. Nobody says Namath is a 2x champ 

Ok. Like I said he still won two Super Bowls anyway if you take that away. He's a winner at the highest level. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

They should bring in Kyle Lauletta, that dude has some ability and had a strong preseason

I remember a lot of people thinking Bill would draft him. 

I'd go with someone other than Hoyer myself. Yes, he knows the system. But he has literally zero upside to tap and just isn't very good. 

38 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I remember a lot of people thinking Bill would draft him. 

I'd go with someone other than Hoyer myself. Yes, he knows the system. But he has literally zero upside to tap and just isn't very good. 

He is absolutely horrendous. That game he played last year was painful to watch. 

On 9/2/2021 at 7:58 AM, BigTrav said:

Wonder if he'll be able to get over his ginormous ego and accept he's at backup level...

Probably not. 

He has enough $$ I presume that he doesnt have to play unless it meets what he wants out of the job. 

If he watns to start, he gets to play as a starter, or not at all. 

Id love him as a back up in saying that