SNF: KC @ BAL

Sad People

Who wins?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Chiefs
    • Ravens

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/20/2021 at 12:30 AM

19 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The Ravens won, but it's absurd what a team has to do to defeat the Chiefs. Essentially get into a shootout, and hope you get a lucky break. The Buccaneers in the Super Bowl are the only team to really impose their will on the Chiefs in the Mahomes era. 

I would say the Raiders in arrowhead last season won without getting a bunch of lucky breaks.. I mean it was definitely still a shootout, but still. The Raiders trailed 14-3 in the first half and 21-10 with like 9 minutes left in the first half. They then took the lead 24-21 before the Chiefs tied it at 24 all right near the end of the 3rd quarter. The Raiders then scored the next 17 points in the 4th giving them a 40-24 lead with 5 or 6 minutes left in the game. The Chiefs then scored and converted the 2 point conversion to make it 40-32 with 4 minutes to play and the Raiders went on a long drive and never gave the ball back. 

I mean your overall point still stands, but the Raiders fought back from an early 2 score deficit in the first half and then really took over at the end of the 3rd through the rest of the game. I wouldn't say them winning that game was a result of lucky breaks. And I would say the Raiders imposed their will that game. It was I believe the largest loss at the time of Patrick Mahomes career as a starter. Which does go to your point that beating KC is a tall task indeed and you have to play a terrific game offensively regardless and hope you can slow them down just enough. 

33 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

I would say the Raiders in arrowhead last season won without getting a bunch of lucky breaks.. I mean it was definitely still a shootout, but still. The Raiders trailed 14-3 in the first half and 21-10 with like 9 minutes left in the first half. They then took the lead 24-21 before the Chiefs tied it at 24 all right near the end of the 3rd quarter. The Raiders then scored the next 17 points in the 4th giving them a 40-24 lead with 5 or 6 minutes left in the game. The Chiefs then scored and converted the 2 point conversion to make it 40-32 with 4 minutes to play and the Raiders went on a long drive and never gave the ball back. 

I mean your overall point still stands, but the Raiders fought back from an early 2 score deficit in the first half and then really took over at the end of the 3rd through the rest of the game. I wouldn't say them winning that game was a result of lucky breaks. And I would say the Raiders imposed their will that game. It was I believe the largest loss at the time of Patrick Mahomes career as a starter. Which does go to your point that beating KC is a tall task indeed and you have to play a terrific game offensively regardless and hope you can slow them down just enough. 

How do you impose your will on a team when you give up 32 points? :)

I guess it depends how you look at it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

The Ravens won, but it's absurd what a team has to do to defeat the Chiefs. Essentially get into a shootout, and hope you get a lucky break. The Buccaneers in the Super Bowl are the only team to really impose their will on the Chiefs in the Mahomes era. 

Basically. Raiders had to score a TD every drive the first game last year to finally beat them. Second game we settled for one FG and the rest TD’s and lost. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Chiefs are unfair. They either have to make self-inflicted errors or they just have one of those very rare days where their offense isn’t clicking for you to beat them. 

Not really.

Dont get me wrong...they are incredibly difficult to beat, but we've just seen it done twice in their last 3 meaningful games....either by keeping up with them scoring like the Ravens did, or minimizing Mahomes impact like the Bucs did.

Tampa Bay flat out shut them down.   Sure you could say "their offense wasnt clicking", but it was because the Bucs  rendered it largely ineffective.

And the Ravens handled them too, just in a different way.   Sure, you could say "they had self inflicted errors", but then again, so did the Ravens.      The bottom line is, the Ravens kept up with them and made more plays at the end of the game.   Most of the Ravens mistakes came earlier in the game.

Chiefs are a special team, but they arent unbeatable.    Their defense can be exploited....and an elite defense with a great gameplan can occasionally limit their offense. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not really.

Dont get me wrong...they are incredibly difficult to beat, but we've just seen it done twice in their last 3 meaningful games....either by keeping up with them scoring like the Ravens did, or minimizing Mahomes impact like the Bucs did.

Tampa Bay flat out shut them down.   Sure you could say "their offense wasnt clicking", but it was because the Bucs  rendered it largely ineffective.

And the Ravens handled them too, just in a different way.   Sure, you could say "they had self inflicted errors", but then again, so did the Ravens.      The bottom line is, the Ravens kept up with them and made more plays at the end of the game.   Most of the Ravens mistakes came earlier in the game.

Chiefs are a special team, but they arent unbeatable.    Their defense can be exploited....and an elite defense with a great gameplan can occasionally limit their offense. 

This.

And it took the Browns to shoot themselves in the foot three times for the Chiefs to barely beat them.

I'd still say the Chiefs are the team to beat in the AFC, but they're not unbeatable by any means, as we obviously just saw.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

NE in the 2018 AFC championship in the first half completely shut down Mahomes. Second half was another story