Texans name Davis Mills starting QB for remainder of season

AFlaccoSeagulls

Didn't this guy have a great game against the Patriots this season or was that some other team. He probably isn't their future but surely he can muster something more than Tyrod has. In fact Taylor looks worst than the avg QB he was with the Bills and Chargers.

Edit:

Yes it was the Patriots 

21/29 for 312 3TDs and 0ints. He actually has more TDs against the Pats than Herbert has in 2 games. 3 Tds to 2 Tds. 

Edited by Chargers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChazStandard said:
On 12/10/2021 at 7:18 PM, biggie. said:

This entire organization is the most FUBAR I've ever seen, even moreso than the Millen era Lions.

Calm down, let’s not say things we can’t take back.

He's not wrong though...

On 12/12/2021 at 7:26 AM, SteelKing728 said:

So are they taking Corral or Pickett with their pick?

Neither - the Texans have significant needs everywhere. A rookie QB would turn into a pumpkin on this roster.

Texans can go BPA with every pick and improve the team moreso than banking on a rookie QB to fix these problems.

• Like 1

I still think that the Texans best bet is to deal Watson, acquire as many picks as possible, and then leverage their likely #1 overall pick into a nice war chest, getting about 2 1sts this year, plus the first this year for Watson (3 in 2022) plus those future firsts (2 in 2023) which they use to rebuild their roster.

If I'm them, I might even consider a trade for a middle tier bridge guy like Jimmy G or Texas native Baker Mayfield.

On 12/10/2021 at 1:42 PM, Trojan said:

I still think Davis Mills has a chance to be pretty good.

He does.

He simply was NOT in a position, experience-wise, and health-wise, to be anywhere near being a starter this year. He should've "redshirted" the entire season.

But...a terrible team and draft slotting conspired against him. 

• Like 1