Raiders hire Josh McDaniels as HC and Dave Ziegler as GM

RaidersAreOne

McDaniels is who I was pushing for us to hire last year.  

Lets not forget that when he was the Broncos coach, he was 33 years old.  I'd think he's learned a lot this year.  And I felt like he did a very good job with Mac Jones and the offense this year all things considered.

Maybe he makes the same mistakes he did his first go around, but he absolutely deserved another chance as HC.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nex_Gen said:

People won't look past his Broncos tenure that was over a decade ago and the Colts mishap, but Josh has grown tremendously over the years. I was hoping the Patriots could hold onto him long enough to take over for Beli once he retired.

This is a good move by the Raiders. Gonna be a challenge in that division though.

Yeah but this part isn't going away. You have to beat the best to be the best anyways. If not, you can't have aspirations of winning anything.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kramxel said:

How is this guy getting a HC job again? 

It's not like he was bad with the Broncos, he was terrible! 

And now all of a sudden it's just a side note?!

Don't get it at all. 

As much as I can't stand the dude, his failures here were mainly due to his personnel decisions, and he never should've been in charge of picking players in the first place. With him focusing solely on coaching, maybe things are different.

Just now, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Bc people get better with experience and things don't always work out the first time. Take his old head coach for example. 

I'm sorry if you were trolling and your question was actually rhetorical

Certainly possible, but how many failed head coaches turn it around their 2nd time? Everyone brings up Belichick but that doesn't seem to be the norm

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

As much as I can't stand the dude, his failures here were mainly due to his personnel decisions, and he never should've been in charge of picking players in the first place. With him focusing solely on coaching, maybe things are different.

Plus he was like the 6th youngest HC ever when you guys got him and he kinda got the keys to the kingdom and let it go to his head. He's in his 40's now. Not saying he definitly matured, but he took some ego blows and most reports when he came back to New England, Belichick forced him to admit he messed up and that he had to start all over. 

3 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Bc people get better with experience and things don't always work out the first time. Take his old head coach for example. 

I'm sorry if you were trolling and your question was actually rhetorical

Besides BB, and BB wasn't terrible, what are the other examples of this? 

• Like 1