2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

That doesn't seem right. Ryans to Texans seems like a done deal with just formalities left, if Ian Rapoport is to be believed. Harbaugh already put out a notice that he will be returning to Michigan. Payton is not someone you can just hire; there remains the draft pick compensation aspect, which can be turned down by the Saints if they didn't like the offer. The last 3 candidates are guys you may not be able to get?

It does not seem right to me too yet here we are- seemingly. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Harbaugh seems to be the unlikeliest likeliest candidate out of the bunch left.

That or in fact new candidates yet to be interviewed, something which has been denied by traditional Broncos PR journalist Mike Klis:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Leoric said:

Were you an Oilers fan? I feel like only Browns fans can understand what it’s like to be a Chargers fan. Not only do we have a cheap inept weasel as an owner but we are the only homeless team in the NFL. Losing your team to a move is horrible. Losing them to a rival city rubs some major salt in that wound. Having former coaches talk about how much better it is being an assistant on another staff because of the perks rather then being the Chargers coach is just the kick to the junk. 

Spanos is the worst owner in all of sports. At least Substance Abuse Irsay can say he tries to win. Spanos just makes sure he can get as many of his family members possible sucking on that shared revenue teat. 

Spanos are definitely not the worst. Really middle in terms of ownership. Hardest part was losing the team. But I honestly think it was for the best because I didn’t want the city paying for a new stadium like almost every other team in the league.

Edited by Xenos

according to mike silver fangio is still in game for the dc gig in sf.

if morris ends up as the new hc in indy, i could see evero being the new dc in la.
brady or rodgers to the niners and the rams trade for an elite young edge.
and so on and on and on.

11 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm gona miss Demeco....hope he does amazing for you guys

49ers are likely my NFC/2nd team going forward for two reasons:

1. @Forge - There are 6,000,000,000 people on this planet, and only about three total who can moderate Gen alongside me. Forge is one of ‘em. So that makes me a 49ers fan by proxy.

(@Jakuvious and @Sugashane are the other two).

2. I’m forever grateful for San Francisco molding ‘Meco into the coach he is today - it’s like seeing your kid come back with their college degree and ready to make a difference in the world, you know you need to hold their school in high esteem.

• Like 8

So the Falcons stole the DC from the Saints and are hiring Jerry Gray to be the Def Passing Game coordinator as well. Interesting. 

This is interesting to see. I'm not sure how I feel about Nielsen, but I do really like Jerry Gray. Getting them both is a bit of a coup.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

49ers are likely my NFC/2nd team going forward for two reasons:

1. @Forge - There are 6,000,000,000 people on this planet, and only about three total who can moderate Gen alongside me. Forge is one of ‘em. So that makes me a 49ers fan by proxy.

(@Jakuvious and @Sugashane are the other two).

Whoa whoa whoa!!!

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9523c6c4ae6eda902786e

• Like 2