Raiders to release QB Derek Carr

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The other part with NO/Carr - I expect they'll offer a different deal, that backloads heavily - that allows them to cut Michael Thomas outright and restructure other deals to get under the cap (they can restructure 65M in deals, and cutting Jameis Winston as a post-June 1 adds another 12.8M).     So there's a path with Carr taking a low 2023 hit that allows the Saints to make this work.

If i'm Carr i am hitting FA and take a long term deal with a team that frontloads his contract (cap hit wise).

There will be a point in time where due to age, performance drop & cap hit you are going to be a potential cap release candidate. Backloading your contract is just an easy way to get yourself run out of town a season or 2 earlier then if you frontload your contract. 

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You had him ranked as a top 10 fantasy QB before the season.  You're a total hypocrite and that is why I can't take a thing you say seriously.  You expected him to ball out this year and now you post absolute lies about you claiming he was not good for years. 

The other funny thing is you still think Tua is a super elite stud that you wanted the Raiders to mortage their future and trade up for.  Do you also remember how you wanted us to trade 4 1st round picks to acquire Russ last offseason?

This is very contradictory. If he loved Carr, he wouldn't have pounded the table for the Raiders to trade for Russ or Tua.

4 hours ago, jrry32 said:

This is very contradictory. If he loved Carr, he wouldn't have pounded the table for the Raiders to trade for Russ or Tua.

The guy changes his opinion like the wind blows.  We have another poster on here who now hates Catt but had him in his sig last year when Carr was playing well.  

If someone is going to take a stance don't flip flop. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The guy changes his opinion like the wind blows.  We have another poster on here who now hates Catt but had him in his sig last year when Carr was playing well.  

If someone is going to take a stance don't flip flop. 

This is what I hate with the Carr arguments amongst Raider fans. Not everything has to be black and white. As things progress, you can change your position or feelings on a player. This is normal and healthy. It creates good discourse. 

You've been a consistent Carr homer for years. You've lost any credibility because you refuse to acknowledge even the most glaring deficiencies in his game. When challenged you just tell be that they don't know anything about football. I'm right, you're wrong.... it's the worst representation of fandom and unfortunately the norm among Raider fans lately.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

They ok'd them speaking. If Carr and NO colluded on Carr demanding a release so NO could sign him as a FA and not have to give any compensation to LV, that's not ok.

Carr isnt stupid and Im sure his agent told him to just demand your release because that makes the most sense.

18 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is what I hate with the Carr arguments amongst Raider fans. Not everything has to be black and white. As things progress, you can change your position or feelings on a player. This is normal and healthy. It creates good discourse. 

You've been a consistent Carr homer for years. You've lost any credibility because you refuse to acknowledge even the most glaring deficiencies in his game. When challenged you just tell be that they don't know anything about football. I'm right, you're wrong.... it's the worst representation of fandom and unfortunately the norm among Raider fans lately.

Yeah, it's almost as bad as refusing to concede defeat based on hopes and pipe dreams with no actual substance to back it up.....

Or even worse, yelling at the top of your lungs that someone never said something prior, only to be shown up with the receipts. Talk about "I'm right, your wrong, end of story" mentality lol

Edited by ronjon1990

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Yes, but you then can’t claim that the guy’s been mediocre the entire time

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

Lmao. At thinking hiring Josh was going to be a great idea. It’s proven! Dude is cheeks. Another bad 5 years for Las Vegas. Dammm.

there are some Raiders fans that are still holding out hope he isnt a complete waste. 

Not that I really want Derek Carr to sign with the Saints, but there is a part of me that hopes he signs with the Saints as soon as free agency starts and it comes out that he had an agreement in place during his visit with us this past week. I want to see the chaos of this timeline play out where we play the Raiders by not having to give up a draft pick for him and skirt any “tampering” claims since we got permission to speak with Carr.