2018 NFL Coaching Carousel Thread

Dr LBC

20 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

It finally happened

I'll be interested to see if Davis offered Gruden a piece of ownership as part of the deal (since, IIRC, Gruden has to be bought out of his network deal - he can't just up and quit it without having to pay back certain monies - and Mark isn't exactly the most cash-rich owner in the league) - since that's not exactly something easily done.  It would require ratification by the other 31 owners as well as vetting by the NFL Finance Committee.  It's something Mark could promise, but isn't a sure-thing to deliver.

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You want your surprise fire?  John Harbaugh.

I could see it.  But at the same time I'm not sure Baltimore wants to risk it, since they're in a position to at least protect what was likely to be a highly-coveted candidate in Chris Hewitt (who is one of J-Harb's boys - like literally Harbaugh's been connected to him since Hewitt was a freshman at University of Cincinnati and John was his coach), by promoting him to DC with Dean Peas retiring.

If they can Harbaugh, they run a serious risk of a contentious situation with Hewitt (depending on how many years he has left on his contract) whereby he either requests his release to follow Harbaugh (whose likely to be snatched up as quickly as John Fox was when Denver let him go for Kubiak) or just waits it out and then follows.

21 minutes ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

1 year OC

Balanced attack

Questionable playcalls at times(run on 2nd and 18, etc...)

Improved over the year

Did well with limited talent(Josh McCown, Bilal Powell and Robbie Anderson at QB/RB/WR)

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

So who’s gonna replace Gruden in the MNF booth? Rex? Cutler? Romo?

Is Romo an option? I'm not sure how all that works. The games are still on ESPN next year, right? I have to imagine that Romo is under contract and can't just jump ship. 

So I'd say Rex out of the current stable of people. If they hire Cutler, I suppose thats an option

1. Gruden has turned himself into the ultimate crony. That's a guy who has never really built a team, and when he had the chance failed miserably. He's built himself up and kept himself relevant through a media role where he blows smoke up everyeone's ***. It's pathetic.

2. Pagano is getting the rawest deal of anyone fired. Name me a season where he underachieved based on the talent on his team.

Archived