Would you participate in FFMD, either the full version with free agency w/ cap or FFMD II, a larger focus on the draft?

ny92mike

Would you participate in FFMD, either the full version with free agency w/ cap or FFMD II, a larger focus on the draft?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in FFMD, either the full version with free agency w/ cap or FFMD II, a larger focus on the draft?

• Yes - If yes, please post a short message as to the level. GM or a lesser staff role.
    • No - If no, please post what it would take to get you involved again.

I’ve been around for a short period (lurking longer than posting) and never really got involved in or even read the FFMDs over the years. I’d be interested in participating, but due to unfamiliarity and possible constraints, not sure I’d volunteer as GM.

28 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

I’ve been around for a short period (lurking longer than posting) and never really got involved in or even read the FFMDs over the years. I’d be interested in participating, but due to unfamiliarity and possible constraints, not sure I’d volunteer as GM.

It seems more daunting than it is, especially if we have a good staff underneath the GM helping out. 

Although a great premise, the participants only ever focus on that coming year and kind of ruins the immersion. 

Tracy Porter getting a $70m deal and when I was the GM being able to secure 3 1st Round Picks and 2 2nd Round Picks for the following year's draft (which of course, means nothing in FFMD. 

I would love to do it, but I could hardly follow CFB this year (caught a few games here and there), so I'd be useless as a scout. Maybe I could catch up a bit on defense prospects by browsing Draftbreakdown, but time isn't cheap right now :/.

14 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

It seems more daunting than it is, especially if we have a good staff underneath the GM helping out. 

Gotcha. 

If I knew more about the non-GM rules, I’d be willing to commit. Or I guess, if nobody ends up wanting the latter too, I would consider it.

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

@Deadpulse I don't know much about FFMD. I believe I'd be a liability. Is it easy enough to learn?

Very much so. There is a large enough preamble to the event where rules are explained and the process is gone over. It also helps that the teams have no cap. As long as people are interested the entire sub could be working together on this, one of the reasons its so fun. 

Archived