NFL News & Notes

Leader

9 hours ago, Kepler said:

I really hope they have to forfeit. Make these teams take it seriously

I'd be fine with giving the COVID team the automatic L.  I'm just not sure how I'd feel about giving the opponent the automatic W when every other team has to earn it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I'd be fine with giving the COVID team the automatic L.  I'm just not sure how I'd feel about giving the opponent the automatic W when every other team has to earn it.

You literally can't have it both ways.

Either you just look at winning % because not all teams will play 16 games or you give one the loss and one the win.

On 10/11/2020 at 9:54 PM, Mazrimiv said:

GREAT POINT!

A team should NOT get a week, for essentially getting a bye week, which will help them with rest and recovery for the following week... that's a double victory and not fair to teams that actually had to fight for all their victories.

So a team that can't play due to Covid, gets a loss, and the team that could have played, just gets a bye and recovery time, which is a win within itself, and should help them with their next game.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Beast said:

GREAT POINT!

A team should NOT get a week, for essentially getting a bye week, which will help them with rest and recovery for the following week... that's a double victory and not fair to teams that actually had to fight for all their victories.

So a team that can't play due to Covid, gets a loss, and the team that could have played, just gets a bye and recovery time, which is a win within itself, and should help them with their next game.

Weird year … weird outcomes.  I have no problem with that outcome but I see the point.  It is better though than having to reschedule a game due to covid where both teams have to play 2 games in a 7-10 day period or add another week to the schedule. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Forgot Minny has a bye before playing us Week 8. Probably have Cook back for us. 

Bears get us after their bye, as well.  If the league is forced to schedule some kind of make up week, teams with the early bye will benefit but I hate any bye before week 6.  The chances of a dead week seem pretty slim at this point but a lot of unforeseen circumstances might come up in the next month.  I hope there are no forfeits, mainly because no one should get an automatic W.

Playoffs in a bubble could make a lot of sense, especially if there are few fans in the stadiums to begin with.  I would hate it as a scarred Bucks fan who still think they could have gone the distance if the season had gone as scheduled, but this is a different sport and different team. With the NFL, there is a lot of time in between games but I'd bet most Packers players wouldn't mind being in a bubble in Florida somewhere in January.  It would sting not seeing them at Lambeau for me as a fan.

Edited by Refugee

Doubt the NFL would do it, but if they decide to play in a bubble/neutral site, what about spotting the higher seeded team whatever homefield advantage would be (3 points?) to start the game? Would hate to lose to the Seahawks in Dallas when we could have been playing at Lambeau.

17 minutes ago, Hoodie89 said:

Doubt the NFL would do it, but if they decide to play in a bubble/neutral site, what about spotting the higher seeded team whatever homefield advantage would be (3 points?) to start the game? Would hate to lose to the Seahawks in Dallas when we could have been playing at Lambeau.

This would be the most controversial thing in like sports history but it would be hilarious to watch play out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoodie89 said:

What if Seattle is the higher seed and its determined that the 12th man is worth 6? I don't think it's a good idea nor do I think the NFL would ever go for it. Its a strange year and for us its the number 1 seed that we want and we want it for the bye week. I don't think anything else really matters, not this year unless fans are allowed.