Foles vs. Wentz - what will the Eagles do??

KC_Guy

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Depends on the player/playing style and how many ligaments they tore.

Honestly, unless you are talking Lattimore level knee rape, it's 8-9 months at most.

That said, while I think he will be more than fully healed by August, the mental aspect is a very different story.  

I doubt they get a 1st for Foles regardless of how well he played in the post-season.

It seems strange to say, but hes had such a small sample size, other QB's on that team lit it up, he's older, and he's already hinted at retirement. Seems kind of risky to me. The QB-needy teams aren't trading a top 10 pick for Nick Foles and almost every QB-needy team is picking in that range. An early 2nd is doable, but I don't think anyone wants to part with a premium pick for Foles.

All this being said, I would keep Foles if I were Philly and just see what happens with Wentz. I'm sure he'll be back healthy at some point next season, but I'm keeping Foles for the insurance. It doesn't hurt us and their roster doesn't really need a face lift. Just stick with what you have. It's the safest thing to do coming off of a Super Bowl.

34 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

1) He did not play the entire season. This makes a big difference.

2) He has been in the league for 6 years and has played for what...3 teams now. That should tell you what those teams' coaches saw in him during practice. They didn't see any worth in him just like we , as fans, didn't see any worth him after one good season. 

Foles is an average to good backup QB and that is all. The Eagles staff getting the best out of him does not change this.

1. Not necessarily. Foles played 4 games against the best defenses in the NFL and played better against them than Wentz ever has against any top defense. I won't even go into the fact Foles has a past record-setting season with Kelly that Wentz will likely never touch.

2.  Foles is only 29. He's not old and can break out. Coaches are wrong all the time about QBs, especially if said QB is a 1st round pick and is flashy like Wentz. Maybe Philly think he'll develop.

Foles, statistically, is a top 15-top 10 starter. The Eagles staff got more out of him than Wentz because Foles is a better passer than Wentz. Up until recently, Wentz couldn't even throw a good deep ball. He literally only started hitting on deep balls this season, and Foles' balls are more accurate. Foles outperforming Wentz in terms of passing stats with the same weapons, the same line, etc is the ultimate barometer.

If the Eagles really think a team will take a flyer on getting Foles right before the trade deadline, then yeah you keep him, but do you want to risk him leaving for nothing when they can get decent compensation?

I guess I'm in the minority but I gamble on Nick Sudfeld for 6 games at most & a possible decent draft pick or two that could make a bigger impact in the long term.

Do the posters citing Hostetler for jokes actually know what happened to the Giants after losing him?

Hoss wasn't as prolific as Foles yet had solid seasons and remains 0 INTs with QB starting 5 games or more in playoffs.

Foles got them first title in 57 years jacking it up. 373 yards and 3 TDs with MVP honors in the Super Bowl?

The joke here is unabashed faith in Wentz. Trade him for a bundle. The team is pretty loaded but I can only imagine they could use some improvement.

To Cleveland for both 1st this year, then their next four 2nd Rounders maybe.

2 minutes ago, x0x said:

Do the posters citing Hostetler for jokes actually know what happened to the Giants after losing him?

Hoss wasn't as prolific as Foles yet had solid seasons and remains 0 INTs with QB starting 5 games or more in playoffs.

Foles got them first title in 57 years jacking it up. 373 yards and 3 TDs with MVP honors in the Super Bowl?

The joke here is unabashed faith in Wentz. Trade him for a bundle. The team is pretty loaded but I can only imagine they could use some improvement.

The thing is.... the Eagles have the luxury of keeping both until the trade deadline next year 

10 minutes ago, x0x said:

You've Lost your Mind if you think Carson Wentz in anyway shape or form should be the QB getting Traded. Like Koo Koo for Cocoa Puffs Type Crazy.

Archived