Need one of these CB's - the best of the rest

Brit Pack

6 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Meh, pass rushers than can do what he does and move like him don't go late 1st. You're kidding yourself if you think so. 

Yeah the dude is closer to top 5 than bottom first. Looking at his numbers and history again and I can't see him getting out of the top 10 unfortunately...

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

A bit far fetched - but Landry or Edmunds ?

I assume Edmunds in a landslide ?

1 hour ago, Pilprin said:

I like Edmunds...if they will use him in multiple situations at OLB and ILB. Seems like a difference maker. Landry seems to be strictly a OLB/Edge guy

14 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I'd take Edmunds every time. He has so much potential to play any LB position. 

I'm leery on Edmunds.  The word "potential" gets thrown around a lot.  Usually it means that production wasn't quite there.  Edmunds is really, really young.  That's my worry with him.  I worry that he's too young to really "get it" and turn that potential into great play.  

I go Landry because of that elite first step....  And if taking him, it allows Clay the freedom to move more inside, which I think is the best position for him and for the club.

I'll take the guaranteed first step quickness and non-stop motor of Landry over the potential that is Edmunds.  Freely admit that the ceiling is higher with Edmunds.  

But...mind you that I'm a Landry guy, so my views on him are biased as I really dig that first step and bend.

Landry gives you the more immediate impact with the higher floor imo. Where as Edmunds likely isn't an immediate impact player gives you the lower floor but the higher ceiling. I like both players but really you're going draft and develop with one and hoping you got it correct with the other.

Yes. I don't get the fascination with Landry. He's in every draft and never a top 10 pick. See Derek Barnett, Shaw Lawson, Bud Dupree, all similar grades for me from recent drafts.

Landry is a good pass rusher. He's nothing special.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes. I don't get the fascination with Landry. He's in every draft and never a top 10 pick. See Derek Barnett, Shaw Lawson, Bud Dupree, all similar grades for me from recent drafts.

Landry is a good pass rusher. He's nothing special.

i"d take any of those guys you rattled off there on our team in a heart beat. Barnett may be something special, Dupree has had a slower start but it's coming along. Don't know enough about Lawson but you put him on the list so i'll take him.

Give me the guy with better production against better competition if that's there. Also the guy that is closer to CM3 rather then Perry.

8 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

i"d take any of those guys you rattled off there on our team in a heart beat. Barnett may be something special, Dupree has had a slower start but it's coming along. Don't know enough about Lawson but you put him on the list so i'll take him.

Give me the guy with better production against better competition if that's there. Also the guy that is closer to CM3 rather then Perry.

I never said I didn't want him, he's just not a top 5-10 player in this draft. He's Mr 3 Cone. If he comes in at 7.00 or higher we're talking about him as a reach. He's somewhere around the 15-20th player in the draft who has some helium in this board because of him Combine. Pass down only player right now, can't hand fight and set the edge like a Nick Perry. More like Clay, has to penetrate or an OL can easily control him. Chubb can do it all, that's the top 5 player. Davenport is rare, he's closer to the top 10. Landry will be a good pass rusher for a long time in this league, but as far as defensive players go, give me Chubb, Ward, James, Fitzpatrick, Edmunds, Davenport or LVE ahead of him.

Archived