What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Just realized - I have never in my life met someone who is a big fan of a sport at a lower level. Never someone who was a big fan of DII football, WNBA, Arena football, CFL, AHL, or minor league teams. I occasionally go to Red Stars games (the women’s soccer team), and my girlfriend’s family goes to the Rockford Rivets games. But I’ve never really met someone who religiously follows those teams like A level teams.

I knew a dude who used to bet on WNBA games. He had a... problem, to say the least.

I was a partial fan of the AHL when the Houston Aeros were a thing. Tickets were basically paper napkins, you'd be hard pressed to not find em cheap (or free).

I'd call myself a Sugar Land Skeeters fan (class A Independent baseball). Couldn't tell you about anyone who plays for them now, but Roger and Kody Clemens both played for 'em. Tracy McGrady threw a few innings for them as well (went as well as you'd expect).

22 minutes ago, MathMan said:
26 minutes ago, MathMan said:

as a packers fan, which cfl tean should i root for?

@JBURGE25

Saskatchewan Roughriders: The Riders were founded in 1910 and currently play their home games at Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field , in Regina Saskatchewan. In 2017 New Mosaic Stadium will be built. Their Head Coach is Corey Chamblin and GM is Brendan Taman. Saskatchewan has made it to 19 Grey Cups, winning in 1966, 1989, 2007 and 2013. Often ridiculed by Bomber fans for being around for 102 Grey Cups, and only winning 4. In 2014 their record was 10-8 and they lost to Edmonton in the West Semi-Final. www.riderville.com

NFL equivalent: Packers. A few small towns in a region that has nothing else going. All anyone cares about it might seem in their area. Wear watermelon on their heads. Best fan base that is quite loud. They wear green. They have become more like the Seahawks though. They have a 13th man shtick.

i think i found it

Idk, I don't follow the CFL. Someone I work with is a Roughriders fan too and they definitely have the most dedicated fan base.

The Toronto Argonauts are kind of a running joke around here, people in Toronto for the most part don't care about the CFL. It is really big out West, and Quebec cares. There aren't even any east coast teams

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

Idk, I don't follow the CFL. Someone I work with is a Roughriders fan too and they definitely have the most dedicated fan base.

The Toronto Argonauts are kind of a running joke around here, people in Toronto for the most part don't care about the CFL. It is really big out West, and Quebec cares. There aren't even any east coast teams

thanks, i will go with the roughriders.

do they air cfl games in the states?

Just now, MathMan said:
1 minute ago, JBURGE25 said:

Considering I do not live in the states I don't have that answer for you. I am going to assume no, you will likely have to stream

20 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Just realized - I have never in my life met someone who is a big fan of a sport at a lower level. Never someone who was a big fan of DII football, WNBA, Arena football, CFL, AHL, or minor league teams. I occasionally go to Red Stars games (the women’s soccer team), and my girlfriend’s family goes to the Rockford Rivets games. But I’ve never really met someone who religiously follows those teams like A level teams.

I follow pro disc golf. I watch all of the tournaments they put out, and live when it's available. Even play fantasy. Does that count?

15 minutes ago, MathMan said:

NATURAL FIT

Their biggest rival are Winnipeg Blue Bombers who was coached by Bud Grant

Edited by TENINCH

I took work off today. I dropped the baby off at the sitters at nine. Then I went and got new tires and ran a few errands. After I was done, I got home and planted my butt on the couch. I had a solid hour and a half of no baby to chase around and no girlfriend to bug me. It was amazing. I forgot what it was like. I just watched the Steelers/Colts re-air on NFLN. And it was nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

Before Orlando City Soccer club jointed the MLS - they had a really big following in Orlando. For the most part it carried over when they joined the MLS; I believe their inaugural season had them as a top 3 team in terms of attendance.

8 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I knew a dude who used to bet on WNBA games. He had a... problem, to say the least.

I was a partial fan of the AHL when the Houston Aeros were a thing. Tickets were basically paper napkins, you'd be hard pressed to not find em cheap (or free).

I'd call myself a Sugar Land Skeeters fan (class A Independent baseball). Couldn't tell you about anyone who plays for them now, but Roger and Kody Clemens both played for 'em. Tracy McGrady threw a few innings for them as well (went as well as you'd expect).

Can you order whataburger and send it to me first class mail

Son still has a cast on his right arm from the wreck, but has been really active with his right hand lately. Went outside and he was trying to throw baseballs into a 5 gallon just in front of my shed. He has just been fielding at first and catcher the last week (they don't throw back to the pitcher, they drop the balls in a small bucket and the coach throws it back). Decided to let him swing at a few in the back yard and he didn't have any pain, so I let him bat during his last game today. 3 for 4 with two doubles swinging basically with only one hand. Kid is a better athlete than I ever was. When he is old enough to realize it, I'm screwed. lol

Living in Ohio, I’ve seen a hillbilly or two, but South Dakota has been mind blowing.

You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting an obese woman with a bunch of crappy tatooos in a camo bikini.  The dudes really seem to enjoy the beer gut/shaved head/goatee look while wearing tee shirts from various Harley Davidson dealerships across the country.

I guess what I’m getting at is the people watching here is aces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Living in Ohio, I’ve seen a hillbilly or two, but South Dakota has been mind blowing.

You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting an obese woman with a bunch of crappy tatooos in a camo bikini.  The dudes really seem to enjoy the beer gut/shaved head/goatee look while wearing tee shirts from various Harley Davidson dealerships across the country.

I guess what I’m getting at is the people watching here is aces.

7edfe085fc59b657092cfdd6edc13fd0--places

• Like 2