What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Got a speeding ticket the other night. Speed limit was 65, I was going 75. Was right before my exit. Cop gets behind me, as soon as he gets behind me I go the next lane, the exit lane, as just 15 secs from my exit, i turn my blinker on to exit and he pulls me over right away as soon as my blinker comes on. I think he pulled me over based off suspicion and maybe trying to evade him but my house was right there. It was also 2am and he probably thought I was drinking (I had just got off work). He cited me for 90mph which I know was a complete lie and I looked at my speed the entire time. He also had a real bad attitude. The ticket also has radar gun crossed off which means perhaps he just estimated. Going to hire a lawyer and keep you guys updated. I think I should be able to win this case. 

But basically:

1) Pulled me over for suspicion and not speeding imo

2) Claimed I was going 15mph over than I actually was which is beyond laughable. 

There are some really good cops out there, even traffic cops, but 95% of traffic cops are scumbags trying to meet their quota. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Got a speeding ticket the other night. Speed limit was 65, I was going 75. Was right before my exit. Cop gets behind me, as soon as he gets behind me I go the next lane, the exit lane, as just 15 secs from my exit, i turn my blinker on to exit and he pulls me over right away as soon as my blinker comes on. I think he pulled me over based off suspicion and maybe trying to evade him but my house was right there. It was also 2am and he probably thought I was drinking (I had just got off work). He cited me for 90mph which I know was a complete lie and I looked at my speed the entire time. He also had a real bad attitude. The ticket also has radar gun crossed off which means perhaps he just estimated. Going to hire a lawyer and keep you guys updated. I think I should be able to win this case. 

But basically:

1) Pulled me over for suspicion and not speeding imo

2) Claimed I was going 15mph over than I actually was which is beyond laughable. 

There are some really good cops out there, even traffic cops, but 95% of traffic cops are scumbags trying to meet their quota. 

All you have to do if you’re ever pulled over is ask to see the radar and legally they have to show you.

1 hour ago, Shady Slim said:

hey pals i’m in need of a cheeky solid

is there any one on the forum who lives in the philippines? i think there is though i can’t remember

You know i could fly there for you

woold be a good excuse to sample the local culture...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theJ said:

I'm thinking about how some managers seem to exist just to suck the joy out of the workplace.

I'm also thinking about how i just accepted a managerial position and i hope i never am like that.

you will probably get pissed at your employees for treating work like a joyhouse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

you will probably get pissed at your employees for treating work like a joyhouse

Haha probably.  It's definitely easy for a manager to assume that employees are up to no good and can't be trusted.

I've had a few indirect reports for the last couple of years, and i've definitely noticed that tendency in myself occasionally.  It's worse when someone is handling a situation differently than i would.  It makes me want to jump in and micro-manage.

I could battle that urge before those people didn't actually report directly to me, and i knew that if they screwed up the heat didn't necessarily come straight at me.  Now it gets harder because i'll have actual direct reports.

Just now, theJ said:

Haha probably.  It's definitely easy for a manager to assume that employees are up to no good and can't be trusted.

I've had a few indirect reports for the last couple of years, and i've definitely noticed that tendency in myself occasionally.  It's worse when someone is handling a situation differently than i would.  It makes me want to jump in and micro-manage.

I could battle that urge before those people didn't actually report directly to me, and i knew that if they screwed up the heat didn't necessarily come straight at me.  Now it gets harder because i'll have actual direct reports.

Indirect reports are the best. It's like being the fun uncle. You get to have all the fun conversations about actually developing someone, and then every time review season comes around you just hand off all the responsibility like a kid with a stinky diaper.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theJ said:

I'm thinking about how some managers seem to exist just to suck the joy out of the workplace.

I'm also thinking about how i just accepted a managerial position and i hope i never am like that.

I was in a manager position 4-5 years ago and never again... 

- If you're seen talking to someone and laughing, you're playing favorites.
- Sorry women, but if you give a female advice or some constructive criticism, you're attacking them.
- Pointless meeting after pointless meeting.
- You're expected to work more than your normal 40 hours if the boss man says so.

Every workplace is different though. I work somewhere else now with predominantly male employees. Everyone is pretty mature too but still. Let me do my 40, do my work, post on some football forums (lol), and go about my business.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I was in a manager position 4-5 years ago and never again... 

- If you're seen talking to someone and laughing, you're playing favorites.
- Sorry women, but if you give a female advice or some constructive criticism, you're attacking them.
- Pointless meeting after pointless meeting.
- You're expected to work more than your normal 40 hours if the boss man says so.

Every workplace is different though. I work somewhere else now with predominantly male employees. Everyone is pretty mature too but still. Let me do my 40, do my work, post on some football forums (lol), and go about my business.

The culture at the company i work at is pretty good.  Overtime is available to those who want it (it's paid for the non-exempt employees).  For those are salaried exempt, it's assumed you'll work some OT, but they generally want you around 40.  

For example, this week and next i know i'm going to be around 50-55 hours each week.  But the following week i'll probably take friday off without using one of my vacation days.

As for the meetings, yeah i agree.  I've managed projects for a number of years now and don't have the patience for wasted meetings.  Unless it's someone above me who signs my paycheck, i'm pretty quick to pipe up and ask why we're here if it seems the meeting isn't progressing haha.