Andrew Luck informs Colts he plans to retire

tab

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

Saying that Andrew Luck is retiring because he's mentally drained and is focusing on his physical and mental health is great.  That's fantastic.  Everyone should wish him well in that respect.  But that's Luck's point of view.  When you make decisions in life, other people have their point of view as well.

The 53 guys in the locker room just lost their franchise QB on the brink of the season starting.  The fans just lost all hope.  While people can respect Luck's decision, it comes with ramifications for other people.

I'm not saying anyone is right or wrong, but I understand both sides of it.

Very well put.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

Yea, it's his life so he made a decision, but that's a simple way to look at it.  Why?  Because his decision impacts tons of other people, too.  When you quit a week and a half before the season starts.... you literally didn't give the team any chance to replace you.  What about the other 52 guys in the locker room who look up to him, would do anything for him, etc.  He just decides to walk way.  Like you said, he can do whatever he wants, but people also have the right to be upset.  Everyone can understand why he did what he did, but the timing is really bad.  I get that 'he didn't know' and all that, but it's still horrific timing for everyone else besides Andrew Luck.

But you dont know the details. Maybe his calf injury is going to require a lengthy rehab and he would be out most of the season anyway, maybe staff is questioning the severity of the injury.

It is not like the guy was planning on retiring in April and just told the team now.

1 minute ago, Oregon Ducks said:

BOB rubbing off on you dawg.

Even BOB could see Mariota is holding a great team back into mediocre status. Just like he held a NC contending Oregon team back, and pooped the bed in a winnable National Title game. 

Mariota is a poor mans' Jameis Winston without the arm talent and off field issues.

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Hypothetically if Andrew Luck told the Colts in April "Yeah, I'm thinking about retiring.  I've been beat up a lot and I don't know if I have another major injury in me- if it happens I'm done" what would the Colts have done differently?

Maybe he did and Irsay thought it was just an April fool's prank

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I don’t understand the heat of the moment. It’s not like he got a mic in stadium and announced he’s retiring. Nope. They’ve had a enough time to process the news to not boo. He didn’t request a trade or anything. If youre able to process that he’s retiring and its put your team in a hole then by that same token you should able to process that he’s doing it for his well-being and it’s not an easy decision.

it his decision at the end of the day. It’s not an easy one. You can be upset but not boo him. Upset at the situation but no justification at being upset at him.

Eh, I think most would be upset but understand after hearing him speak.
But if it's just trickling through the stadium I get people freaking out.

Having fans is an up and down thing. Sometimes they are gonna let you have it, doesnt mean they don't love you still.

1. Deshaun Watson

2. Ryan Tannehil

3. Marcus Mariota

4. Nick Foles

5. Jacoby Brissett

Imo....

Not sure what anyone sees in Jacoby, hes trash. 

I wonder if the Colts will make a desperate trade like the Raiders did in 2011 for Carson Palmer after Campbell went down.