Patriots sign WR Antonio Brown hours after his release by Raiders

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

There should be some tampering investigation here. 

When the Steelers first gave AB permission for a trade, Drew and AB both called multiple Patriot Office people including Bellicheck himself. Drew has this on record. Steelers said they wouldn’t trade AB to Pats. 

Was it Drew and AB’s plan to get booted off the Raiders all along and go to the Pats?

I really want a serious investigation. 

What is it with the Pats and investigations...? (not trying to start anything Pat fans). 

Its a legit question.

This is why I wanted to keep Brown and just bench him.     I know the circus would distract the team, but Brown is such a POS, I wouldve been happy just watching him rot away on the bench.

Something seems fishy here....especially of Brown just all of a sudden starts acting like an angel.  

• Like 3

Honestly, him going to Patriots doesn't do much to move my expectations for anything really. Pats will be THE AFC favorite as long as Brady doesn't have a sharp decline, but I don't think this makes the positive scenario much stronger.

I'm glad I passed on Julian Edelman in my fantasy draft last week, that's about it.

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

Its a legit question.

This is why I wanted to keep Brown and just bench him.     I know the circus would distract the team, but Brown is such a POS, I wouldve been happy just watching him rot away on the bench.

Something seems fishy here....especially of Brown just all of a sudden starts acting like an angel.  

I know it's JLC but:

Ocho Stinko was 33 and worn down when he joined the Patriots.

Haynesworthless was always a zero on drive and motivation and that will never work in New England.

Reggie Wayne at age 37 took one look at the playbook and the hills he had to run and said "I'm Out!"

Brown may not work out but it won't be because of those guys.

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

The only thing that pisses me off about the Pats signing him is that its basically rewarding terrible behavior.   It sets an absolutely terrible terrible terrible precedent going forward.    Basically, if your a good enough a player, all you have to do is be as disruptive as possible and you can get whatever you want.

That's what people said when he got that fat paycheck from the Raiders. Now that paycheck is gone and he's on a 1-year deal.