3-0 but don't trust them.

Magnifico

1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

I think San Francisco and Buffalo stand out to me in that list.  They're both decent teams, but they've been playing with a bit of a stacked deck to start the season.  Don't think their early results hold up...but both probably end up on the edge of the playoff picture at year's end.

Ravens i'm still a bit wary of too.  But it's hard to doubt them when they've looked as good as they have.

I don't think the Bills' results will hold up, but San Fran is looking good. The problem is that our division is going to be a damn bloodbath, so somebody is ought to get the short end of it. Hopefully the Rams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheChancellor said:

I don't think the Bills' results will hold up, but San Fran is looking good. The problem is that our division is going to be a damn bloodbath, so somebody is ought to get the short end of it. Hopefully the Rams.

Yeah.  That NFC West division is a big part of why i don't trust the Niners 2-0 start.  The Cardinals are kinda...whatever.  But all three other teams in that division, are good.  I'd still kinda rank SF as the 3rd spoke in that wheel right now.  They're all 2-0 right now, but something's gotta give at some point, as they start getting heavy into division games and stuff.  I think San Francisco is the team that gives.

Edited by Tugboat
  • Like 2

Definitely buying the Packers defense.  They are so much more equipped in the secondary and at edge rusher than last year, it's not even close.  Savage and Amos have secured their safety spots, and both of the Smith's are far more complete players than Perry/Matthews.  I think their D is legitimately going to give teams fits all year.

Their offense....too early to say.  Think they are still lacking a #2 pass catching weapon, ideally.  But their line is good, they still have Rodgers, Aaron Jones is legit, and Davante is one of the best WR in the league.  I think another weapon on offense at WR or TE would make them really complete.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SBLIII said:

San Francisco I buy because their secondary and coverage ability looks MUCH improved. 

Honestly, the pass rush helps but just having competent safeties that don't blow assignments is such a huge difference from the prior year. The corners didn't change, but Witherspoon seems to have taken his game to another level. We shall see if he is able to keep it up, but he played well to close last season as well. 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

I mean...he hasn't been a joke. Has he lit the league on fire? No, but he's definitely an NFL starter.

He's look wayyy different to the start of this season. And he was the most raw QB out of the bunch so I'd say he has the highest ceiling too. The throw below this post is absolutely filthy. 

Edited by The BILLievers

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t trust the Patriots. 

I wouldn't trust bill either. He is a filthy cheater 

I don't trust the cowboys because Dak is horrible @Matts4313 

I don't trust the Rams because I scoff at Goff @jrry32 

I also want to see these two posters go to the octagon and fight, mma style. What do you think, @SkippyX

Did I miss anyone? 

Obligatory @ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI and @ramssuperbowl99 tag 

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 7:50 PM, Malfatron said:

Maybe he can be our Jim G.

79740beaa30577b3bfe275059de1a34b.jpg

I think Jimmy is Azor Ahai in reverse.  His "sword" burns because he thrust it into the "heart" of a woman who had known the love of many men.  I feel like we'd have better odds of Rodgers getting Danica to mow down Giselle in one of her stock cars, thus completely removing Brady's source of power (or at least forcing him to stay home and take care of his wife on hand-and-knee while she recovers in a full body cast... which means he'd go back to drinking beer cuz... beer.  At which point, Brady becomes mortal again... cuz beer).

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 2:33 PM, Bolts223 said:

I think the Bills are probably the most obvious choice here. Beat two terrible teams in the Jets and Giants, play in the same division as the Patriots. We know at best they are going to barely get a wildcard.

Lets be honest,  if the jets had a kicker and darnold wasnt sick plus Mosely going down the bills would be 1-1. Allen should have thrown 4 ints and 2 fumbles. And the jets ol might be the worst in football right now

13 hours ago, SBLIII said:

San Francisco I buy because their secondary and coverage ability looks MUCH improved. 

Not just improved, so far it's been elite. Sherman isn't what he used to be, but he's got that old man, savvy veteran presence about him still. I expect teams to throw at him more because of who we have on the other side:

Akhelo Witherspoon might be a top 5 corner in the NFL this year. He's been that good. At the end of his rookie season he flashed a lot of promise (didn't play much early). Then last year it was obvious he was poorly coached and probably didn't focus on the small details during the previous off-season as much as he should have. Everyone was already patting him on the back telling him he was the next big thing. Then he was very humbled when he struggled last year. It was a rough year for him but he always battled. The physical talent was always there. The guy moves extremely well and has incredible length. He has been dominant this year and might be our best defensive player which is saying something. We have a new secondary coach this year and it's been night and day. Joe woods has done a phenomenal job so far. Remember the name because Witherspoon is the prefect guy to shut down OBJ on MNF in a few weeks. 

It also helps our pass rush will probably finish in the top 5 in pressures. Bosa is playing hurt and has been better than advertised. That guy is an absolute technician with his hands and setting up blockers for his moves. It's chess with him, he sets up moves for later in the game. It's really incredible to see. He could have had 4-5 sacks already if he didn't have a bum ankle right now. 

Buckner hasn't gotten going yet but it's only a matter of time. Kwon Alexander has been better than I expected. He is flying around the field. Dee Ford has been hurt but he is a proven commodity. 

Our defense hasn't shown any holes anywhere so far and our DL is extremely deep. We rotate 8-9 guys and there have been a lot of guys I haven't mentioned that have made plays. Arik armstead looks like he has figured it out and is every bit the guy he was supposed to be when he was drafted 17th overall. The guy has been an absolute force. There are 4-5 more I could talk about but I'm probably already rambling on lol

So, the 49er defense looks very talented and has been forcing a lot of takeaways. 

granted, this all comes with the qualifier that we have played the buccaneers and the Bengals so far. You can't fault a team for winning by 2+ scores when they play a bad team though. I mean, in both games we were underdogs in Vegas. 

Oh, and if the defense starts to struggle, we've still got Kyle Shanahan on the other side. We also have really good special teams. Robbie Gould is a top 5 kicker and we have a rookie punter (that we drafted in the 4th round lol) that played Aussie rules football professionally that has a huge, accurate leg. The guy kicked one 70 yards in the air that bounced on the 2 yardline then went out of bounds in week 1. 70 yards in the air and dropped it right into the bucket. Amazing 

We are a really damn good football team from top to bottom. Just need to stay healthy

I can't wait to play the Rams in LA. Should be a fun season! 

As far as the 2-0 teams I don't trust, it's gotta be Seattle for me. They should have lost to a bad Bengals team in week 1, and their OL was completely dominated up front. They gave up chunk plays in the passing game and were lucky to escape with a 1 point win after a missed FG. 

Then the following week they barely beat a benless Steelers team. They won by 2 points and got very very lucky with a horrendous challenge reversal on a non PI call super late in the game that helped them ice it. I don't have a clue what the replay center saw to change that to a PI. I honestly think Pittsburg is a bad team even with Ben. 

So basically, the niners and Seahawks have both played two bad teams, the difference is that the niners have a +38 point differential and the Seahawks are +3. Big difference imo 

• Like 1