Week 9 GDT: Green Bay Packers (7-1) at Los Angeles Chargers (3-5)

Cakeshoppe

AcmePacking: Packers Week 9 Snap Counts

OFFENSE (54 total plays)

Quarterback - Aaron Rodgers 54
Running Backs - Aaron Jones 32, Jamaal Williams 24, Danny Vitale 4
Wide Receivers - Davante Adams 45, Marquez Valdes-Scantling 37, Geronimo Allison 35, Allen Lazard 25, Jake Kumerow 13
Tight Ends - Jimmy Graham 35, Marcedes Lewis 19, Jace Sternberger 1 (He got one!)
Offensive Linemen - David Bakhtiari 71, Elgton Jenkins 71, Corey Linsley 71, Billy Turner 71, Bryan Bulaga 71

DEFENSE (71 total plays)

Defensive Linemen - Kenny Clark 55, Dean Lowry 41, Tyler Lancaster 29, Montravius Adams 24, Kingsley Keke 11
Outside Linebackers - Za’Darius Smith 59, Preston Smith 59, Kyler Fackrell 24, Rashan Gary 18
Inside Linebackers - Blake Martinez 70, B.J. Goodson 13, Oren Burks 8
Safeties - Adrian Amos 71, Darnell Savage 71, Will Redmond 22
Cornerbacks - Tramon Williams 69, Jaire Alexander 68, Chandon Sullivan 36, Kevin King 20, Tony Brown 19

SPECIAL TEAMS LEADERS

Oren Burks 25, Ty Summers 25, Tremon Smith 20, Tony Brown 18, Will Redmond 17, Allen Lazard 16

• In 2019, third year cornerback Kevin King has now equaled his career-high in games played but in this game, he was frequently spotted on the sideline, and he said after the game that he was being kept on a snap count. As a result, Tramon Williams played almost every snap on defense, while a pair of other young corners got some significant playing time to spell King
  • Is Clarks heavy workload starting to show? He had four tackles and a hit on Philip Rivers in this game, but is seemingly being pushed around more easily than in years past.
  • Martinez missed one snap after being shaken up a bit, but was back out there on the next play for the remainder of the game. However, his limitations are becoming obvious, as opposing offenses continue to target him in the passing game. He also is having trouble getting off blocks and getting to the line of scrimmage cleanly, and most of his 12 tackles in this game came a few yards down the field. Goodson and Burks each rotated in a bit, but the Packers continue rolling with a safety at the other linebacker spot or in more of a 3-3-5 nickel alignment.

14 hours ago, Pugger said:

These ads are the dumbest on television.  What fool thought these were funny?   Seeing them once was bad enough but they show them dozens of times now.  :P

I can't call them the dumbest because I watched puppy baby monkey or whatever that **** was by Mountain Dew.

But yeah. They're bad.

Edited by Striker

1 minute ago, Striker said:

I can't call them the dumbest because I watched puppy baby monkey or whatever that **** was by Mountain Dew.

But yeah. They're bad.

Can you imagine a bunch of people sitting in a room, okay guys lets come up with a new commercial. And that's the idea they walked out of there with? I'd pay money to watch the documentary on how they went down.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

He doesn't play smart at times but the real problem is the pass rush and the lack of 3rd and longs. Way too many 3rd and 5 & Less. 

I've not looked at any stats, but it felt like the LAC were ahead of the chains all day. Second and five or less seemed to be happening a whole bunch. Just an impression though.

1 hour ago, Slinky said:

So, what are your thoughts on Jaire? He's been pretty disappointing this season.

Disappointed .. thought he was going to be a stud, but he fails time and time again to make plays on those one on one's down the field.  I think his confidence has been shaken a bit of late.  It would have been nice to see him come down with that ball on a nice sideline play he made yesterday.  

It was a classic trap game.  Out of division, out of conference and across the country.  Instead of panicking, I choose to see it as an inevitable bump in the road.

The rest of the division crapped the bed too, so it happened at the right time.  The silver lining was that EVERYONE crapped the bed for us.  Special teams, defense and offense.  Having Adams come back seems to have caused Rodgers to forget everything that we hoped he had learned over the past month.  Even Great Scott had a crappy game.

It was soooo one sided the announcers strolled down to the field for a while!  We just didn't even show up, not a one.  The biggest disappointments were Rodgers, Martinez, Clark, Bulaga and Alexander as far as I'm concerned.  Willing to let it go though, we're 7-2 and we're coming home.  Win one, take a week off. 

My biggest alarm is how bad our return teams are.  We have a good kicker, a really good punter, but our special teams suck. They are bad.

• Like 4

Is it possible that Raven Greene is this huge loss that we never saw coming? Feel like we've been poor, especially against the run since he left Week 2. Since then, we've been playing Amos, the guy who made the game-saving play at safety against the Bears as a pseudo-LB where he really can't do anything that fits his skill set. So we've not only screwed up the LB position, but our safety position as well. 

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Is it possible that Raven Greene is this huge loss that we never saw coming? Feel like we've been poor, especially against the run since he left Week 2. Since then, we've been playing Amos, the guy who made the game-saving play at safety against the Bears as a pseudo-LB where he really can't do anything that fits his skill set. So we've not only screwed up the LB position, but our safety position as well. 

I don't think so, he'll help, but we're just playing scared and we need to stop doing so. We spend all this draft capital and money on young defensive guys with swagger, play them one way, they get super hyped, give themselves a nickname, create dances and then one week we just turn off the intensity. 

The personality of our playcaller does not match the personality of our players at the moment. Pettine is calling a defense meant for a bunch of Nick Perry's and Micah Hyde's lately. 

It's quite possible the focus and intensity has dropped in that locker room because of it. Something happened in the 4th Q yesterday on the sidelines.