Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Ok, that makes sense. Assume, u, me... I should know better. :)

I don't necessarily disagree with this, but I think it's evolved a bit - there's not a need for specific handling anymore, look at Clowney's last year with Houston (when Vrabel was a rookie HC). The concepts were there, the method and philosophy of getting the most out of JD was there. I think that was lacking in Seattle, which was apparent on field. Clowney still disrupted games, that is what he could do - but with the right philosophy (one that Vrabel has instilled in Tennessee) Clowney could get back into his groove.

Ill defend Seattle here a bit, Clowney was playing out of position at the LEO spot out of shear necessity (Ansah flop). Seattle didnt even have a backup LEO, meaning Seattle couldn't even move him around if they wanted too. With the signing of Mayowa and Irvin, and the drafting of Taylor and Robinson; Clowney would be able to play the 5 Tech more (a natural fit for skill set) and since Seattle already has few intriguing 5 techs (Solid Rasheem Green, Wildcard LJ Collier, Steady-Reliable Brandon Jackson) Clowney would be freed up to be moved around the field much more in 2020.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2020 at 11:53 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

You think he’d have the time to do all that while managing an entire team? Maybe in short bits but certainly not as much as he did as a position coach. 

Probably correct, but I’ve seen lots of clips where Vrabel is working with DL/LBers in position drills. Might not be representative of reality, but it seems like Vrabel gets a little more involved with his defensive trench guys.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'll assume it's not Watt/Watson. 😎 Anyone else left in Houston B.O.B might sell for a box of Bon Bons and 2 Juicy Fruits? 

ET80 in 3....2....1.....?🍺

Hell its probably Peters coming back, watch.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

I think Cleveland is done making moves after the Vernon contract restructure. So I’m not buying into any rumors that they’re interested in anybody.

I think we move Njoku to Washington before TC for a 5th, but that’s it.

Edited by candyman93

On 7/9/2020 at 5:49 PM, animaltested said:

Ill defend Seattle here a bit, Clowney was playing out of position at the LEO spot out of shear necessity (Ansah flop). Seattle didnt even have a backup LEO, meaning Seattle couldn't even move him around if they wanted too. With the signing of Mayowa and Irvin, and the drafting of Taylor and Robinson; Clowney would be able to play the 5 Tech more (a natural fit for skill set) and since Seattle already has few intriguing 5 techs (Solid Rasheem Green, Wildcard LJ Collier, Steady-Reliable Brandon Jackson) Clowney would be freed up to be moved around the field much more in 2020.

We were actually playing Clowney out of position more than Seattle did. I don't think you can defend him, he is a player that thrives only if there is another one taking up double teams.

Edited by Drained

4 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'll assume it's not Watt/Watson. 😎 Anyone else left in Houston B.O.B might sell for a box of Bon Bons and 2 Juicy Fruits? 

Leonard Fournette my guess. Maybe Yannick. Not Clowney. Probably a Jaguar. 

Edited by Jeezla

2 hours ago, Drained said:

We were actually playing Clowney out of position more than Seattle did. I don't think you can defend him, he is a player that thrives only if there is another one taking up double teams.

You would know better than I would but couldn’t you make a case his best year was in 2017 when Watt and Mercilus  only played a handful of games.

Edited by TitanSlim

On 7/12/2020 at 2:51 PM, Nabbs4u said:

DING DING DING! 

WINNER!

• Like 1