Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

23 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

I'm not surprised or disappointed, because there's NO WAY an NFL scoops guy makes a tease like this 24 hours ahead of time and have it actually be anything worthwhile, but....

the news is that some rando has COVID.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I'm not surprised or disappointed, because there's NO WAY an NFL scoops guy makes a tease like this 24 hours ahead of time and have it actually be anything worthwhile, but....

the news is that some rando has COVID.

I was thinking it had something to do with the season/off-season schedule.

Still have zero idea why you'd hype something like this up as massive, national news. He knows how desperate all the fans are for anything football/sports related.

1 hour ago, .Buzz said:

I was thinking it had something to do with the season/off-season schedule.

Still have zero idea why you'd hype something like this up as massive, national news. He knows how desperate all the fans are for anything football/sports related.

It's crap reporting, period. Sensationalism, click bait, fake news crap. 

Jay Glazer should lose all credibility.

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Thing is, of COURSE It was going to be something dumb, I just really didn't think it would be "some dude is sick", though, that's super weird.

If you really have a scoop, like a breaking news story, you wouldn't tease it for a specific time, and risk somebody else swooping in. You MIGHT say something like "My sources are telling me a MAJOR trade is going down, I will post the story ASAP when I've cross checked to make sure".

If you make this type of an announcement, it's because you have an agreement with the parties involved to not share it. So like, at first I figured it would make sense if it was like, "The NFL has officially made plans to start regular season games on time, with no fans", or maybe to move games to a select group of quarantined isolated cities, something.

But, IF that was the case, the NFL would've just fed it to one of their own guys, like Rapoport.

God this was dumb. I'd be pissed if I was the player, too. Dude makes this big deal to hog the spotlight, purposely make it sound like an ultra spicy story, just to be like "haha, this dude is sick!".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I agree

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

If this was JLC I would be rioting outside, in a large group. 

It was jay glazer though, so I'll just stay home and do nothing about it

(I like jay glazer usually but this was obviously a bush league tease)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I feel like we've been saying this for a while (Browns/Browns fans). Plus, he's worth more to us than he will net in a trade. It's unlikely someone gives us a 1st for him, and it's extremely unlikely we trade him for less than that.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I doubt Philly is involved at this point. Reports are that we're trying to trade up for CeeDee.

That's just wishful thinking on Fans parts because if Howie has proven anything over the years, he covets the DL/OL over any other position, especially WR.

Adding Yan to Slay, Hargrave and NRC instantly flips the narrative on last years Defense going into 2020. God forbid if Malik comes back full tilt from his injury too.