Everything Free Agency (Rumors, notes and news)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

You're right.  Save enough money from your minimum wage job and you too can own a sports team!

I mean, What percentage of millionaires are first time millionaires(new money)?

Look at the 2019 NFL draft first round, aside from people like Nick Bosa last year whose brother was a millionaire, these guys are all first time rich. Who else came from millions?

Just now, CP3MVP said:

I mean, What percentage of millionaires are first time millionaires(new money)?

Look at the 2019 NFL draft first round, aside from people like Nick Bosa last year whose brother was a millionaire, these guys are all first time rich. Who else came from millions?

I'd bet money that, surprisingly enough, most millionaires aren't professional football players.  Don't have the stats for it, but I do feel comfortable saying that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

I'd bet money that, surprisingly enough, most millionaires aren't professional football players.  Don't have the stats for it, but I do feel comfortable saying that.

Hey always good seeing good people. 

15 minutes ago, Daniel said:

According to this 2 second Google check and first article I saw apparently 88% of millionaires are self made

https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/on-retirement/articles/7-myths-about-millionaires

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

According to this 2 second Google check and first article I saw apparently 88% of millionaires are self made

https://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/on-retirement/articles/7-myths-about-millionaires

Yes, but that can be a little misleading.

How many of the 88% maybe didn't come from millionaire parents, but were plenty wealthy to help fund their college/business endeavors?

I am sure there are very few that are "self made."  Just certain people don't get credit in everyone else's success.

Edited by Zalixar

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Ill take it to  millionaires in general. 

1 hour ago, Zalixar said:

How many of the 88% maybe didn't come from millionaire parents, but were plenty wealthy to help fund their college/business endeavors?

I am sure there are very few that are "self made."  Just certain people don't get credit in everyone else's success.

They’re a self made millionaires which I would assume means their parents weren’t millionaires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zalixar said:

About as much as Kylie Jenner being a self made billionaire 

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Their justification of self-made is that they didn't inherit more than 10% of their wealth. That has the potential to be misleading in a LOT of ways. Normally people aren't talking about strictly inheritance when they talk about the benefits of having wealthy parents. They talk about the doors they open, the influence they offer, the obstacles they remove, etc. You still could have gotten free admission to whatever college program you want, unlimited resources growing up, use of your family's name and notoriety, etc. Not to mention, you don't normally inherit something until your parents are dead. Not inheriting money doesn't mean you're self-made. It just means you haven't inherited a ton of money. Like, I would assume the Trump kids are all considered self-made, by this. The Kardashians and Jenners. Will Smith's kids. They haven't inherited anything, right?

And hell, your dad giving you a job isn't an inheritance, that's you being self-made, by this definition. You "earned" all that money.

This is, for so many reasons, not a debate I want to continue or get into, I just want it to be made clear, that being self-made doesn't just mean not inheriting money.

• Like 3

Anyone else find it amusing how Passionate Rams fans in this forum were about Todd Gurley being the best RB in the NFL, worth every penny of that contract, future HOF RB ,could be best ever and now less then 16 months later boasting about how glad they are his contract is off the books, good riddance and making jokes about his knees?

Ahh the good ole' days of late 2018, early 2019! Man how time flys. 🍺

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Anyone else find it amusing how Passionate Rams fans in this forum were about Todd Gurley being the best RB in the NFL, worth every penny of that contract, future HOF RB ,could be best ever and now less then 16 months later boasting about how glad they are his contract is off the books, good riddance and making jokes about his knees?

Ahh the good ole' days of late 2018, early 2019! Man how time flys. 🍺

He was the best RB in football and worth the contract while healthy. I don't believe anyone said or thought he could be the best ever as that seems extreme. He certainly was on a HOF track. 2 straight All-Pro seasons indicate that. 

The person above isn't a Rams fan.