NFC Championship: GB@SF

Manny/Patrick

Who will win?   

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• San Francisco 49ers
    • Green Bay Packers

11 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

Whining about the Patriots? My only thing with the Patriots all year long was that defense being overrated as hell due to playing one of the easiest schedules of all time. 

crying, gotcha. Exactly what i am doing

I am not sure what else to call it when your team gets beat and some people on this forum give a little ribbing and you respond by attacking fanbases and calling them emotional midgets.

I am glad you can acknowledge it at least 😀

19 minutes ago, Elky said:

Gren Bay was not 13-3 good. They were more 10-6/9-7.

The Packers finished +4 in close wins/losses.  The 49ers were +2, the Saints were +5, the Eagles were -2, the Seahawks were +7, and the Vikings were -2.  This is just another piss poor logic being regurgitated over and over again.  They certainly weren't a 9/10 win team.  I hate to burst your bubble but good teams win games they shouldn't win.  And they don't always win pretty.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The Packers finished +4 in close wins/losses.  The 49ers were +2, the Saints were +5, the Eagles were -2, the Seahawks were +7, and the Vikings were -2.  This is just another piss poor logic being regurgitated over and over again.  They certainly weren't a 9/10 win team.  I hate to burst your bubble but good teams win games they shouldn't win.  And they don't always win pretty.

Lol Packers were 8-1 in games decided by one score. They played one of the easiest schedules in the league. They were no where near a 13-3 caliber team.

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If I’m a Packers fan, I’m still really encouraged long term.

Matt Lafleur looks like a home run hire. They just need to upgrade the defense and get more weapons.

Rodgers getting the brunt of the hate on here, but his receivers were hot garbage all season long. Give the guy some help and upgrade the defense, as you put it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If I’m a Packers fan, I’m still really encouraged long term.

Matt Lafleur looks like a home run hire. They just need to upgrade the defense and get more weapons.

Exactly. This was largely viewed as a rebuilding year, cleaning up an untalented roster left by the predecessor.

Very optimistic for the future and will certainly have higher expectations in the coming years. Sucks it ended like this but this season was definitely a success.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

What are they basing those rankings off, because your opponent winning percentage was only .453 per Tank a thon, which is pretty bad. 

Thats a good *** question. lol Probably should have looked at some other websites. Lowest I have seen us is 27th strength of schedule, which is most likely more accurate. 

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php

Edited by Cheesehawk

2 hours ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

I love this trend. Twitter in general was happy to put McCarthy on blast for years, and then he got fired. But now McCarthy has been out a year and he seemingly hired a good publicist, the public is all back on the McCarthy train. 

So now despite Rodgers having had an overall good year (not 2011-2014 good, but good), and the team went to the NFC Championship but fell short, now it's rolled into "Rodgers is a fraud, can't believe people ever said he was that great" territory. 

If McCarthy and Dallas miss the playoffs next year then they'll do a 180 back on McCarthy again and say "We all knew it'd end like this." and if Rodgers goes back and puts up 2014 numbers again then they'll act like they never trashed him. 

Sports commentators, especially of the online variety, are the worst. 

1 hour ago, DannyB said:

Mike McCarthy burner account confirmed.

Its interesting to me that Packers fans ignored everything else about the tweet and made it specifically about McCarthy.