Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Webmaster

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Nods in Oregon

I love voting here. It's so damn easy. Fill my ballot out at home while having dinner, then drive it to my local public library OR mail it.

As a Washingtonian I agree. 

Voting while not wearing pants > 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

@rob_shadows how you doing, man?

So far so good, all I've had is slight body aches, a headache, fatigue, a stuffy nose, and the loss of smell/taste. No fever or cough or anything like that.

If I didn't know I had Covid I'd be working tonight let's just put it that way.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself and celebrate just yet because I've read that days 5-10 tend to be the worst and I'm only on day 4 but so far it's been very mild for me.

Edited by rob_shadows
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

So far so good, all I've had is slight body aches, a headache, fatigue, a stuffy nose, and the loss of smell/taste. No fever or cough or anything like that.

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself and celebrate just yet because I've read that days 5-10 tend to be the worst and I'm only on day 4 but so far it's been very mild for me.

Great news considering the circumstances!! Hoping for this being continuous throughout the rest of it. Don't be anxious about the upcoming days though if you are as there's so many moderate cases. No need to work yourself up. I'll be curious to hear more about it in the coming days. Have any doctors suggested anything for you?  

19 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Glad to hear you're feeling well.

On behalf of the rest of the country, thanks for setting yourself up to get tested and for quarantining. Considering you probably would have gone into work otherwise, it likely ended up mattering.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I read something similar on NPR. There was a quote by @theJ about two extremes that we had to avoid back in the early days of this thread: A) We shut down too long and become destitute, or B) We open up too early and cause economic and health issues. I feel like we may have chosen option B.

It's sad since now that we know better, option C could have been reopening with a federal mask mandate. And you know enacting those testing, tracing, and isolating mechanics that was originally outlined.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Please keep us posted. Sorry to hear about all this.

Edit: And maybe do the breathing exercises that @Mega Ron keeps talking about:

Edited by Xenos

Tony Evers finally steps up:

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/politics/2020/07/30/tony-evers-issues-order-requiring-face-masks-indoors-starting-saturday/5531264002/

Statewide mask order. Fines for non-compliance. Specifies that mesh masks aren't masks for the purposes of the order. Hopefully when this is challenged the change in the WI supreme court results in it sticking.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Surprisingly Minnesota is leaving schools reopening up to the districts

Eh not too surprising.  Everyone wants to pass the buck and let someone else make the hard decision, top down.

If things go well, “see, we let folks make decisions for themselves” and if they don’t “well, that was their call”.

Very few people actually taking ownership.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh not too surprising.  Everyone wants to pass the buck and let someone else make the hard decision, top down.

If things go well, “see, we let folks make decisions for themselves” and if they don’t “well, that was their call”.

Very few people actually taking ownership.

agreed.   would also add that more rural areas with small school enrollments vs larger urban/suburban schools can handle things differently.  Where I grew up and went to school, 400 kids in HS is way different than where my daughter is set to go with 2300 kids in HS.  Much easier to do a hybrid type model in a 400 kid HS vs a 2300 kid HS.  

• Like 2