Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

CONFIRMED:

Love it!

I was thinking Kumerow & Shepherd would make it. Glad that didn't happen.

Adams, MVS, Lazrd, EQB & Taylor look the part of an NFL WR roster. Now if they keep Bagelton & Turner on the PS that would be outstanding... That's probably too much to hope for. Kumerow will probably get one of the spots, which is OK. The QB likes him & does some useful thing in this offense.

24 minutes ago, squire12 said:

GB is more of a running team now vs passing.  Whether that proves to be a winning strategy going forward is TBD

Meh, most of the NFL "running teams" are really balanced teams that pass the ball a bit more than they run it.

Packers are trying to become a balanced team, instead of all the pressure on the passing game, that's what's LaFleur said his goal was, take pressure off the QB, less pressure equals more plays when you do call his number.

15 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Love it!

I was thinking Kumerow & Shepherd would make it. Glad that didn't happen.

Adams, MVS, Lazrd, EQB & Taylor look the part of an NFL WR roster. Now if they keep Bagelton & Turner on the PS that would be outstanding... That's probably too much to hope for. Kumerow will probably get one of the spots, which is OK. The QB likes him & does some useful thing in this offense.

This group of WRs is relatively "new".

Lazard and Taylor were cut last year, EQ was on IR. Only Adams, MVS and to some extent Lazard were a continuation from last year. You also got the new wild card in Ervin. Hopefully Rodgers will have new improved tools to work with this season compared to last.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

Finally got one of my longshot calls correct. Hopefully Taylor turns into a contributor. Just seemed like the prototypical practice squad guy who makes it the next year (solid athletic profile but low level of competition coming in).

It's interesting how the cut receivers ebb and flows.

Last year Lazard and Taylor were cut and Shepherd and Kumerow was the happiest men in the world. Shepherd didn't take his opportunity and was soon cut for Lazard who fully took his.

This year Shepherd and Kumerow is cut and this time Taylor is the happiest man in the world along with Lazard.

Either we don't have a clue with our player evaluation or it's just simply good old fashioned competition with Lazard and Taylor simply winning out in the long run. A bit of luck with no FA and drafted WRs does help though. xD

Edited by Chili

17 minutes ago, Chili said:

It's interesting how the cut receivers ebb and flows.

Last year Lazard and Taylor were cut and Shepherd and Kumerow was the happiest men in the world. Shepherd didn't take his opportunity and was soon cut for Lazard who fully took his.

This year Shepherd and Kumerow is cut and this time Taylor is the happiest man in the world along with Lazard.

Either we don't have a clue with our player evaluation or it's just simply good old fashioned competition with Lazard and Taylor simply winning out in the long run. A bit of luck with no FA and drafted WRs does help though. xD

I think last year we knew what we got with Kumerow and this year we knew what we got with Lazard. Taylor and Shep just have a lot more upside to keep as your 5th or 6th guy and have ST value.

21 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Focus your resources on OT, DL and/or ILB.  

I'd agree in terms of priority but I sure as **** this isn't how the FO operates in terms of, oh we should prioritize ILB over WR so let's look at that primarily and basically ignore WRs on the waiver wire. I have to believe the waiver wire is less about purely the position you want and more the player/prospect's fit.

Basically, I hope we look at all 4 of those spots equally and sign the guy who we think has the best shot to help us, not sign guys in order of the positions we think we need the most, if that makes sense. I'm pretty damn confident that's how we do things though anyway