2021 NFL Draft Thread

ChaRisMa

6 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

I dont think you really have to see the numbers with him. The 40 will be at minimum good enough, he's got loose hips. The big thing is he see's it and then he makes the first guy miss. Like do we think he's running 4.6 with a 7.2 cone? heaviest doubt. Obviously nothings a certainty with the draft, just seems like a natural replacement.

but can you get that same player later in the draft? I think you can. If Carter runs a 4.4 and benches at least 17 times, you pull the trigger. Do you value a RB high on the board, however when we have significant holes at IDL and CB at this point...

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

There was not a single person picked after Love that would've made a difference this season. Not a WR, not a DB, not a IDL and definitely not an inside backer.

Regardless, this is the 2021 NFL Draft thread.

Yes, why are we talking about last year's draft?  I am not knowledgeable about kids coming out this year so I'm hoping you all will enlighten me here.

Took in every snap from the Senior Bowl and all 1-1's and a good majority of the FSU cutups available on YouTube, the hell happened to Marvin Wilson?

Barely draftable to me. I have him as a late day 3 grade. Awful years worth of tape. Entirely useless as a pass rusher, another Lancaster.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Took in every snap from the Senior Bowl and all 1-1's and a good majority of the FSU cutups available on YouTube, the hell happened to Marvin Wilson?

Barely draftable to me. I have him as a late day 3 grade. Awful years worth of tape. Entirely useless as a pass rusher, another Lancaster.

+1, he was a top 15 pick for a while.

This year is going to be a bigger crap shoot than last with the Covid curveball.  Already saw that in the Senior Bowl measuring, quite a few guys came in inches shorter than their football programs listed them.

Random, but RB Jefferson from Oregon State is my 5th round crush right now.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:12 PM, Mazrimiv said:

Does GB even target WR in the draft or FA with Adams, Lazard and MVS seeming pretty set and Funchess presumably coming in?  I would not be at all surprised if Gute runs this same group back + Funchess. 

IMO it's not just about immediate help.  Green Bay doesn't have a WR on the roster who's under contract past this coming year. 

Edited by SSG

24 minutes ago, SSG said:

IMO it's not just about immediate help.  Green Bay doesn't have a WR on the roster who's under contract past this coming year. 

Exactly.  I'll add to it.

We want and need big bodied WR's who can block as well as run routes and catch.  We have a full stable of those bodies.  Lazard, ESB, MVS and Funchess.

We know what Lazard is, and he works just fine.

We know what MVS is...and have hope that he can get even better.

Funchess is a wildcard.  Can easily move on from him.  Can also easily keep him.

ESB....well, I don't have a lot of good things to say about him.  He's dropped too many in his limited opportunities and he offers next to no effort on specials.

So, of that group, Adams, Lazard and MVS are guys that could be around a while.  Let's draft one relatively high, and one late.  See if they can push guys like ESB and Fun off of the roster this year, and be really ready to roll in two years.

5 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The knock on him is that he was kind of stiff, played with a high pad level. Sounds like he really regressed this past year...

29 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We want and need big bodied WR's who can block as well as run routes and catch.  We have a full stable of those bodies.  Lazard, ESB, MVS and Funchess.

Funchess is a wildcard.  Can easily move on from him.  Can also easily keep him.

ESB....well, I don't have a lot of good things to say about him.  He's dropped too many in his limited opportunities and he offers next to no effort on specials.

So, of that group, Adams, Lazard and MVS are guys that could be around a while.  Let's draft one relatively high, and one late.  See if they can push guys like ESB and Fun off of the roster this year, and be really ready to roll in two years.

They should be drafting a wr fairly high each and every year.  Whether it's for the slot or outside ... do it and keep the ammo coming.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Aww shoot. Any chance the leg injury was something that was lingering around this year? All i see is undisclosed leg surgery.

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Unless Lazard or MVS's production falls off the face of the earth next year I  think it's very unlikely that both are extended given our current cap situation.  We already know that Adams is in line for a huge raise.  

The future of our WR room currently looks extremely bleak.  

2 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Aww shoot. Any chance the leg injury was something that was lingering around this year? All i see is undisclosed leg surgery.

No idea, but there's absolutely no explosion on tape this year. He was like 0-8 in the 1-1's at the Senior Bowl, and none of the IOLs there are top dogs.

• Like 1