TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

16 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Took me way longer than I'd like to admit to figure out how to switch this site back to night mode. 

For real.  Still not a fan of the collapsed quotes look. I get it for longer posts but the ones that hide half a tweet are a first world problem. 

18 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Does anyone else like Slayer, but like, not LOVE Slayer? Or is it just me?

I enjoy them but I'm not carving their name in my forearm. 

The metal pods I listen to all say that with Slayer people are all in and naming their kids "Hanneman" or they're lukewarm at best with no in-between. I wish I'd seen them live a few more times but I'm comfortable with my level of investment in the band. 

Can somebody try to explain the rationale for this?

The Los Angeles Chargers have one of the brightest young QBs in the game. ( I thought Herbert would be a bust, still can be but it's not looking like it) They have a head coaching vacancy, and they choose a defensive guy? Hell, he may be a good HC but whoever they get as a OC is going to have a good year or 2 and then bolt (pun intended) for a HC position best case scenario for them. 

Why on flat Earth would anyone want that?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So, swelling went down. Have my MRI on the 29th because I need to quarantine for at least 7 days prior. Hoping for good news. I've been able to walk some so I'm hoping for no true tear or surgery. 

Yeah....but will you be able to go this weekend?  😃

4 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Can somebody try to explain the rationale for this?

The Los Angeles Chargers have one of the brightest young QBs in the game. ( I thought Herbert would be a bust, still can be but it's not looking like it) They have a head coaching vacancy, and they choose a defensive guy? Hell, he may be a good HC but whoever they get as a OC is going to have a good year or 2 and then bolt (pun intended) for a HC position best case scenario for them. 

Why on flat Earth would anyone want that?

The Chargers run a very bifurcated franchise like the Packers did in the early years of McCarthy and Capers.

Staley will run the defense.

Steichen will continue to run the offense. The Chargers felt that Herbert's growth might be stunted if they keep swapping coaches for Herbert (something that's happened back to his Oregon days) So they'll take two more years of development, hope they turn Herbert into the apex Tannehill and hope the defense and the offense mesh on Herbert's rookie contract. . . Is what Chargers defenders will say.

Chargers detractors will say that Spanos is just cheap and keeping the offensive staff in place allowed him to save 8ish million on dead coach salary and relocation fees.

The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

So, swelling went down. Have my MRI on the 29th because I need to quarantine for at least 7 days prior. Hoping for good news. I've been able to walk some so I'm hoping for no true tear or surgery. 

Even PackIR fans can't avoid soft tissue injuries. (This joke is like 2 years too late but I'm still going to make it.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Chargers run a very bifurcated franchise like the Packers did in the early years of McCarthy and Capers.

Staley will run the defense.

Steichen will continue to run the offense. The Chargers felt that Herbert's growth might be stunted if they keep swapping coaches for Herbert (something that's happened back to his Oregon days) So they'll take two more years of development, hope they turn Herbert into the apex Tannehill and hope the defense and the offense mesh on Herbert's rookie contract. . . Is what Chargers defenders will say.

Chargers detractors will say that Spanos is just cheap and keeping the offensive staff in place allowed him to save 8ish million on dead coach salary and relocation fees.

The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle. 

That makes sense a bit more if that’s how they run their franchise. I do not agree with it , but I get it . 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 9:23 AM, ThatJerkDave said:

Does anyone else like Slayer, but like, not LOVE Slayer? Or is it just me?

I had a stage in my life where I loved Slayer(Reign/SOH/Seasons), but after those 3 albums, they kinda lost their steam for me. Me and a couple buddies did follow them around on tour for 10 days on the God Hates Us All tour though. That was pretty fun, but they played the exact same set every nite. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tperk said:

I had a stage in my life where I loved Slayer(Reign/SOH/Seasons), but after those 3 albums, they kinda lost their steam for me. Me and a couple buddies did follow them around on tour for 10 days on the God Hates Us All tour though. That was pretty fun, but they played the exact same set every nite. 

I remember reading an interview with them where they said as they got into practice/stamina on tour, their sets would get shorter, sometimes by a LOT because they were playing faster.