2 more Titans test positive for covid - possible forfeit

3rivers

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

If they can prove willful negligence or intentional violations of protocol, they'll get hit with a 2nd, maybe 1st if its really bad.

I doubt its multiple high picks.  They didn't even do that when they caught the Pats blatantly cheating.

True. But the Pats cheating, while putting the integrity of the league at risk, didn’t actually put lives at risk. We’ve already seen the NFL levy crazy penalties just for not wearing a mask, if these players were knowingly having multiple practices while actively subverting or completely disregarding league safety protocols... this is FARR worse. Their actions could be greatly responsible for imploding the NFL season and costing other owners millions/billions of dollars. Any organizations founds with such lax behaviors should experience Thor’s hammer from Goodell IMO.

thor GIF

Edited by diamondbull424

19 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

How would a forfeiture effect the broadcast deals?

If I were a team owner I would hope that the league would absorb the loss together.  A string of positive test results (and that doesn't even mean they actually even have Covid-19), could happen to any team.  Spreading the loss out among all the owners would be kind of like having an insurance policy and it seems like the most fair and reasonable way of doing it. 

Just a PSA, if anyone tries to argue that the Titans didn't violate protocols because the memo on 9/29 didn't explicitly call out "outdoor activities", it's best to ignore them. The 4th bullet on the 9/29 memo says "we sill suspend in-person activities" and if that is too confusing to you, you don't deserve to challenge it and claim it was a loophole.

• Like 1