Official 2021 QB Thread

NYRaider

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

That's sort of big... Does this change anything for anyone looking at #1? I think no, but I'm not certain.

Likely not for someone of his age, and athleticism. The odds of him having severe symptoms are low.

That being said, it's a pretty nasty virus that does leave some people with long lasting heart, lung, and/or other organ/tissue damage..... You'll likely get to see him in more collegiate games this year at the very least, I wouldn't start worrying unless he gets held out of those, or plays in those and starts looking noticeably different/fatigued. Regardless, even if he does sit out the rest of the college season, NFL team docs will make sure they get an idea of his health in the combine medicals.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I won't reveal too much since it's behind a paywall but the 4 reasons he said Wilson belongs in the 1st round discussion are: ball placement, downfield touch, executing play-action, and off-platform throws. I could potentially see Wilson surpassing Lance as QB3 but it'll be tough for him to pass Fields especially if he keeps playing like he did last weekend. 

...I'm not quite getting the hype for Fields. I've gone back closer over Nebraska, and 2019 Indiana & Penn St. Accuracy looks solid when he has space and he has a solid arm. But he's not going through many reads from what I can tell, doesn't have the quickest release, doesn't exactly shine under pressure. He's a good runner but not especially quick or elusive. Looks like a typical big school thrower/runner to me. In fact he and Lance strike me as your basic 2nd round type development prospects, like a Jalen Hurts, Jacob Eason, Drew Lock, DeShone Kizer

To anyone...am I missing something?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

...I'm not quite getting the hype for Fields. I've gone back closer over Nebraska, and 2019 Indiana & Penn St. Accuracy looks solid when he has space and he has a solid arm. But he's not going through many reads from what I can tell, doesn't have the quickest release, doesn't exactly shine under pressure. He's a good runner but not especially quick or elusive. Looks like a typical big school thrower/runner to me. In fact he and Lance strike me as your basic 2nd round type development prospects, like a Jalen Hurts, Jacob Eason, Drew Lock, DeShone Kizer

To anyone...am I missing something?

He’s been on a vegan diet so I’d wait and see with being quick / elusive.

On 10/28/2020 at 2:03 PM, NYRaider said:

I had high hopes for Costello in Leach's air raid system as well but it has gone completely off the rails for him there. He's probably a 7th round - UDFA prospect now. 

Ya know...

I only watched the LSU, Arkansas, and now the Alabama game. 

LSU has some issues, Arkansas is underrated and has had a few screwy calls go against them, and Alabama is Alabama.

Miss St just isn't a good team. The short off season, new scheme/staff, players leaving the team, lack of recruited players all seem to be a major culprit. 

Costello certainly hasn't looked good, but man...watching them play is just painful. Guy has zero talent around him, especially with Hill leaving the team. His WRs are bad and his O-line are even worse. 

His stock is definitely tanked at this point (especially with the concussion he clearly just got). It's too bad too, because I still think he's a solid QB prospect just stuck on a..well..pitiful team. It's really hard to even scout him with how bad Miss St is. 

I'm recalibrating and saying he's a 7th-UDFA guy. Best of luck to him once he's out of the cow field, but he's got an uphill battle at this point. 

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

Am I missing something?  Watched a little bit of him and get Baker Mayfield vibes.

I don’t see Mayfield in him at all, at least for this season. He seems a lot more accurate and can throw from any angle. But I don’t really don’t know as I’m not a scout I just work on air planes. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Wilson is the real deal. Very accurate. Watch the BYU game vs Houston.  The first play of the game for BYU he makes a pretty damn good throw for a TD.

Yeah...every game I watch of his I like him more and more. Insane how you watch a couple of his games from last year to this year. The arm strength, the anticipation, the touch...miles ahead from last year.

Would love to hear from some of the guys who know a bit more about medicals as far as his shoulder goes. That's about the only question that teams will have if he continues on this trajectory.

• Like 1