2021 Free Agency

Humble_Beast

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

Harris is....uninspiring. Boston or any of thw Chargers FA S's would be preferable imo. Probably cheaper too.

FWIW PFF predicted that Harris will get 4 yr/$56M while Hooker will get 1 yr/$2M and Boston will get 1 yr/$2.2M. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Where'd you see that at? Harris played well in 2019 and fell off in 2020. Tre Boston had his best year with Gus Bradley in LA, would prefer him on a cheap deal. 

I saw it on Twitter but didn't copy the link and maybe I misread it.  It may not have said expected to rather predicted too.  That's my bad.

Regardless I hope it was not true as Harris is 29 and I want to get young players, at good value, with upside potential, not guys who are at the end of their career, who's production fell off when his teams pass rush diminished...  Want to know why that is?  It's because we still have one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL and just like Joyner it will not end well with no pass rush.  #football 101

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With free agency 24 hours away I just pray that we don't sign old washed up players to bring contracts (Sherman/Ingram) and instead target guys that are looking for short term prove it deals to cash in next year in free agency. 

Some of the guys I'd target for us (w/ PFF'S contract projections):

Ndamukong Suh (1 yr/$7M): His best years are behind him but he's still a good player that would bring some attitude to our defensive line and help improve our interior pass rush. 

Tre Boston (1 yr/2.2M): He's only 28 years old and had the best year of his career playing for Gus Bradley (5 INT, 89.0 coverage grade) so he'd be a cheap option that knows the scheme.  

Quinton Dunbar (2 yr/$12M): He was one of the best CB's in the NFL in 2019 but was hurt and never really found his footing in Seattle and is a pretty low risk/high reward signing. 

Haason Reddick (1 yr/$8.5M): Former 1st round pick and an explosive edge rusher that finally played up to his potential once he was allowed to be a full time pass rusher. He has already said that he wants to sign somewhere that will use him in a similar manner and is definitely a guy I could see taking a 1 yr prove it deal because if he can replicate his 2020 production he'll get a huge contract in 2022. 

I like all those signings and the values, provided we use the draft to get a young pass rushing DT to ease in and look at FS and RT I would be pretty happy with that. I don't feel we need a full time DE but a speed rusher to compliment our other guys and Reddick fits that role very well. Dunbar is an interesting one as I watch Washington a decent amount (as my father likes them) and he was really, really good a year ago. Suh is still a tough player who can be very good as a role player and brings a hard edge. Boston seems like he fits very well and you can't go very wrong at that price.

• Like 1

If Johnson signs with the Chargers it will be bad news. Also, this may sound bad, but if Abram doesn't play well or gets injured, Johnson could see time at strong as well.

Hooker is a great backup option though. If we are going budget on Hooker, we better sign a good vet at CB and a top of the market edge rusher.

If we can walk out of FA/ draft with signing these players I will be very happy.  I also hope we can trade Maroita for a 3rd as well.  I am basing the draft picks off of a TDN mock draft where these players were available when I selected

Here are the FA's I would target:

Juju WR 12 per for 4 years 

Carl Lawson DE 12 per for 4 years

Sheldon Rankins DT 8 per for 2 years

Jarrad Davis LB 4 per for 1 year

Solomon Thomas DT 1.5 for 1 year

Malik Hooker S 2 for 2 years

Tevin Coleman HB 1.5 for 1 year

Kyle Fuller OL 750K for 1 year

Draft:

1. Jaycee Horn CB

2. Davion Nixon DT