What to do at QB?

AnAngryAmerican

What is your preference for the QB spot?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference for the QB spot?

• Keep Drew Lock as the starter for 2021
    • Draft a rookie in the 1st round and make him the starter
    • Trade for/sign an established vet (Stafford, Wentz, Ryan)
    • Trade for/sign a journeyman vet (Fitz, Tyrod) to compete with Lock

Not that I believe it but I have heard a 2022 1st and 2nd and a good defender. Given his age can't see much more than 2 1sts and a player but other rumors say we've already offered 3 1st (which I think is too much, that's the price for a much younger Watson or Wilson)

3 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Not that I believe it but I have heard a 2022 1st and 2nd and a good defender. Given his age can't see much more than 2 1sts and a player but other rumors say we've already offered 3 1st (which I think is too much, that's the price for a much younger Watson or Wilson)

That's the one thing I can't get over. He's no spring chicken. Giving up 2 firsts and a D starter is a lot for any 37 yo QB. At that age their production can fall off a cliff at any time. Injuries, even minor ones take much more recovery time...................

Just seems like a huge gamble to me. Paton seems like a much more deliberate guy. I don't really see the gambler in him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Funny, you remind me of that little chihuahua dog that barks up and down at the pitbull......LMAO

GB has ZERO leverage and bringing up Mahomes, well, we just saw how to handle him in the last SB. Paton does not appear to be a fearful reactionist, he'll handle it like a controlled pitbull...which makes you the other dog.  We are most certainly looking into a trade just have to see what's best for the team. And honestly, can't see the Raiders being used as more than leverage, we're looking like a top 5 defense, a lot of young talent on offense, and is situated 45mins from where his fiance' lives......what does the Raiders have besides a new stadium, a crazy coach and a GM with no real football experience  ?

Now we know why pot shouldn't be legalized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao  His offensive line was decimated.  It reminds me of us facing the Seahawks in the superbowl.  We were so fn banged up it was pathetic.  Don't fool yourself stopping Mahomes is no easy task.  Wait and see.  This team needs to score 30 points a game on average in our division.  I think we are a 7-10 win team and I don't think that's a good thing.............. 

Edited by anewdawn
additional comment

9 hours ago, NFLGURU said:

Listen up Denver.    You need to pony up some draft picks and players *IF*the Packers trade Rodgers.  It comes down to this

You are in a division with Mahomes and the upstart Herbert.

That leaves Denver and Las Vegas looking up for the next 10 years

One of you is getting Rodgers and a shot at contention, the other becomes a annual division bottom feeder.

You know Gruden will slobber and offer the moon for Rodgers,   whats Denver offering????

He's 38. So 2 first rounders + 3rd + Teddy.

Or 

1st+ 3rd + Sutton +Teddy

If Rodgers refuses to play unless traded and lists Denver as one of his only 2-3 preferred destination-- we wouldn't exactly be in a huge bidding war. The Packers would have to accept the best offer and have no leverage.

if he was 30, he would fetch 4 first rounders and then some. But he only has 3-5 years of football left so his actual value is probably smaller than what many Packers fans are thinking.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Or 

1st+ 3rd + Sutton +Teddy

If Rodgers refuses to play unless traded and lists Denver as one of his only 2-3 preferred destination-- we wouldn't exactly be in a huge bidding war. The Packers would have to accept the best offer and have no leverage.

if he was 30, he would fetch 4 first rounders and then some. But he only has 3-5 years of football left so his actual value is probably smaller than what many Packers fans are thinking.

I'm just curious why you think he has 3-5 years of quality football left in him.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Or 

1st+ 3rd + Sutton +Teddy

Trading Sutton is trading away one of the weapons that makes us appealing to him

• Like 1

Rodgers more so than Brady relies on physical talent to dominate a defense. His two best traits are his arm strength and his athleticism scrambling around in the pocket. He’s not going to last into his forties like Brady.

I’d give two first rounders, Bridgewater and a Surtain-Stokes swap. Three firsts is too much imo. 

• Like 1

If he gives us even a 2 year window of seriously chasing a championship, you do it. Teddy is not that guy, and the chances of Drew Lock being that guy are extremely low. Maximize the window while we have all this cheap young talent + a strong veteran core. No brainer. 

7 hours ago, AKRNA said:

I'm just curious why you think he has 3-5 years of quality football left in him.

Because he just won a MVP and there doesn't seem to be any issues with his arm strength but I also recognize that there is a steep cliff coming.

6 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Trading Sutton is trading away one of the weapons that makes us appealing to him

True but WRs are a lot easier to replace than EDGE rushers like Chubb.

Plus, the Broncos have Patrick who proved he can fill that X WR role, not to mention they have Cleveland from last year and Seth Williams who is a big X WR type as well they just drafted.

There is a ton of depth behind Sutton.

Edited by AkronsWitness

There are two players coming up that need to be extended for big, big contracts - Courtland Sutton (currently under $3million against the cap) - and Bradley Chubb ($12.5million next year with the 5th year option). 

I cannot see us resigning both of these - particularly if we have to carry Rodgers on the roster. Personally I would keep Sutton because I think Chubb will get alpha money and I don't think he is an alpha. So if we are to trade then I would put Chubb into the package and try and find a replacement. Now the argument for trading Sutton is that you have Jeudy and Hamler behind him (if there was an option I think I would prefer to keep Sutton rather than Jeudy) but there is a good young offensive core that would benefit from being kept together.

The argument for keeping Chubb is that Miller will also be on the way out and we would need two edge rushers - but we would have more than $30million to fund them if they came through FA.

Edited by jolly red giant

6 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

There are two players coming up that need to be extended for big, big contracts - Courtland Sutton (currently under $3million against the cap) - and Bradley Chubb ($12.5million next year with the 5th year option). 

I cannot see us resigning both of these - particularly if we have to carry Rodgers on the roster. Personally I would keep Sutton because I think Chubb will get alpha money and I don't think he is an alpha. So if we are to trade then I would put Chubb into the package and try and find a replacement. Now the argument for trading Sutton is that you have Jeudy and Hamler behind him (if there was an option I think I would prefer to keep Sutton rather than Jeudy) but there is a good young offensive core that would benefit from being kept together.

The argument for keeping Chubb is that Miller will also be on the way out and we would need two edge rushers - but we would have more than $30million to fund them if they came through FA.

Well that's the main issue, Von is gone soon so packaging Chubb into a deal as well is really putting you back at ground zero especially with a team trying to win a Superbowl with Rodgers

Trading Sutton and you still have his replacement already on the roster with Patrick.

Edited by AkronsWitness