2020 Divisional: #6 Cleveland Browns vs. #1 KC Chiefs

MWil23

Who will win?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

Chiefs offense has been struggling for a few weeks now...which sounds weird to say. For that reason, I think Browns high powered offense might have a chance. Granted, Mahomes will probably turn it on and go nuts at some point. Still picking the Chiefs to win for that reason but I think it will be smaller margins than people think.

18 minutes ago, Dbrog24 said:

Chiefs offense has been struggling for a few weeks now...which sounds weird to say. For that reason, I think Browns high powered offense might have a chance. Granted, Mahomes will probably turn it on and go nuts at some point. Still picking the Chiefs to win for that reason but I think it will be smaller margins than people think.

My thoughts are this will be a close game as well. Kareem is going to be on a mission  

Is it weird to blame the Steelers for these matchups this week. I think this will be a cake walk for the Chiefs going in to the AFCC and likely the Superbowl. Both Bills and Ravens will have had 2 hard fought games that will come down to the wire while KC gets the bye and then a Browns team that won based on the Steelers beating themselves. Yes the Browns had some adversity with out a coach and they managed to win last night not because they were the better team but rather they were there at the right time with a crumbling steelers team. I am sure people will root for the underdog in Browns and as a Bills fan I can relate but to me there is in no way Browns hang with this team. Mahomes wont be giving up 4 turnovers, Andy Reid wont be punting the ball on 4th and 1 or punting on the opponents 40. Browns arent facing a better tik tok dancer then wr corps, they will have a legit te to defend, and an overall run game. Steelers made up the mind of resting players instead of playing starters to knock out a divisional rival in week 17 and tomlin should catch more heat then Pederson just got for benching hurts then being let go for what he did. Week 17 had divisional games as their are meaning to them more so then a non-divisional/conference game for a reason. So not only did you rest players week 17 allowing the browns to get in to the playoffs but you got outplayed and outcoached on your own field a week later by the same team you could have prevented from making the playoffs.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Browns need to control this game on the ground and dominate time of possession. Im not sure how this Browns secondary paired with a Covid-hindered Myles Garrett is going to keep the Cheifs from scoring 38+

Tried-and-true formula for beating a high-powered offense...keep them standing on the sidelines. 

Occasionally it works and it's beautiful. Giants vs Bills is one of my fave Super Bowls ever. 

Honestly, I’m not saying the Browns are better than these teams, but the Ravens and Titans were much better matchups for the Chiefs, and they probably defeat both teams soundly. I actually think the Browns match up really well with Kansas City. This is likely going to be a shootout, and personally I think the Brown DL might give the Chiefs a ton of trouble. 

Going with the upset... IF Stefanski is back by Wednesday

36-35 Browns

Other Picks this week:

Bills over Ravens 31-27

Packers over Rams 24-21

Saints over Bucs 27-22.

3 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Pretty sure ward is back.

Only if he can kick the COVID.  We can only speculate because of HIPPA, but there were enough days that passed for him to play against Pittsburgh.  That means that he was probably still symptomatic.  If that continues (which is entirely possible), he could be out again.

Again, it's speculation, but I'm just connecting the dots.