2020 NFC Championship - Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs. Green Bay Packers

DigInBoys

Who will win?  

135 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Bucs
    • Packers

I just never understood the thought process of being openly over cocky with prediction. A good amount of the time you come out looking like a tool.

I’ve got GB winning by 7-10 points but that’s just because I personally have been pretty down on the Bucs as a whole this season with how inconsistent they are.

If, and that’s a big IF, they can put even 3 quarters of football together at full potential, I think GB could be in trouble. Rodgers is playing insane right now though, and if he decides to go into god mode, not much the Bucs can do. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Pats#1 said:

I just never understood the thought process of being openly over cocky with prediction. A good amount of the time you come out looking like a tool.

I've said it before: I cannot relate to fans who think this way AT ALL. I mean not the tool part, I look like a tool all the time that's whatever. I just don't understand how any fan of any team for any substantive length of time can have such brazen confidence in their team. Just take the Packers over the last decade: we have lost to TONS of teams that we "shouldn't" have lost to. Cardinals, Niners, Giants, Falcons, etc.

I envy the fan that can go through such repeated trauma and be like "lmao we murder them in a laugher lol, run them right off the field!"

Patriots fans have (or, HAD) the best case to feel this way, but at the end of the day despite the unprecedented amount of winning, even they still didn't win the SB more often than they did, and along the way have several VERY heart wrenching losses that must stick in their craw.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DannyB said:

I've said it before: I cannot relate to fans who think this way AT ALL. I mean not the tool part, I look like a tool all the time that's whatever. I just don't understand how any fan of any team for any substantive length of time can have such brazen confidence in their team. Just take the Packers over the last decade: we have lost to TONS of teams that we "shouldn't" have lost to. Cardinals, Niners, Giants, Falcons, etc.

I envy the fan that can go through such repeated trauma and be like "lmao we murder them in a laugher lol, run them right off the field!"

Patriots fans have (or, HAD) the best case to feel this way, but at the end of the day despite the unprecedented amount of winning, even they still didn't win the SB more often than they did, and along the way have several VERY heart wrenching losses that must stick in their craw.

Any glaring confidence as a fan left my body permanently after the 2007 season lol

• Like 2

For those that think this game will be the same as the matchup earlier this year, you are dead wrong.

Packers are at home, Rodgers is playing at an MVP level, the OL and DL are both dominating (evidence is the Rams game.) They left a ton of points on the board vs the Rams they could’ve dropped almost 50 on them had a few balls not been dropped and they converted their XPs. The Packers know what they did wrong vs the Bucs earlier this season and they’ve fixed those problems since then. Rodgers isn’t going throw a 2 INTs in his own territory.  They know they Bucs strength on D is speed so they will run right at the teeth of the defense with their 3 headed running attack. I know Donald wasn’t himself but the Packers OL absolutely melted away the Rams DL all game long. Rodgers wasn’t sacked once, I don’t think he was even knocked down.  

im not discounting the Bucs at all, they are a good squad but I don’t think there is one thing they do that absolutely dominant. Brady is playing well enough, his efficiency in the Playoffs has gone down. I think he’s only completing 55% of his passes, that’s not gonna get it done vs the Packers offense.  The Saints dropped a few INTs last night.  The Redskins we’re driving to try and tie the game vs them in the Wildcard round. They can run the ball a little if they commit to it but the Packers D has been highly underrated all season.  They give up some yards from time to time but overall it’s good enough to get a few stops vs the Bucs and that’s all Rodgers needs to win. 

The Bucs have solid offensive weapons but you can see inconsistencies at times. AB is hurt , we’ll see if he goes even if he goes and he’s not the AB of old, Godwin has been inconsistent all year and we saw him drop a TD and run some bad routes vs the Saints. Gronk is Gronk but he’s slow and a shell of his former self.  Obviously Mike Evans is an elite WR but the Packers have an equally elite CB in Jaire Alexander. That’s going to be a great matchup. Alexander gives up literally nothing, less than Ramsey. Fournette and Jones are bruisers with a bit of wiggle but the Packers run D is VASTLY improved since the start of the season and they might be getting some reinforcements with Kingsley Keke having a chance to come back. 

All in all the Packers offense will just be too much for the Bucs. Brady had a TON of help vs the Saints with those turnovers and subsequent short fields. The Packers arnt going to turn the ball over. The Bucs need those extra possessions due to the inefficiency on offense at times. That’s going to be their downfall on Sunday. 

Packers win 35-24. 

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This reminds me of the 2010 season when we were confident against Atlanta and everyone on here was like "they beat you in the regular season and will again y u so confident?!"

Wonder who takes Brady INT back for 6 on Sunday. Savage? King?

Only Savage can catch the balls on D. So its Savage for Pick 6

Just now, Jaire_Island said:

People are too much discounting Packers D.

Last time when we played Bucs, they have got the ball 2 times in their own end zone.

One of Arod INT and another of ST’s fumble. Plus Pick 6. Plus we played with Josh Jackson since King is injured. Plus Savage injured during the game. 

Yep. The only notable thing to use from the first game is that it will artificially inflate the confidence in TB.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This reminds me of the 2010 season when we were confident against Atlanta and everyone on here was like "they beat you in the regular season and will again y u so confident?!"

Wonder who takes Brady INT back for 6 on Sunday. Savage? King?

I don’t remember that. Everyone had Atlanta in 2016, but in 2010 most thought the Packers would steamroll the Falcons including myself. I said multiple times the winner of the Packer and Eagle wildcard game will win the Super Bowl and are the two best teams in the NFL, with the Steelers being third. I picked the Eagles in that game, but picked the Packers in the three remaining games. 

2010 was the year the NFC had the two worst combined Top 2 seeds in history. 

Edited by BayRaider

I love how this thread has already devolved into Packers fans complaining about being doubted despite the fact they’re winning the poll 65-35. It’s the 1 seed at home to the 5 seed guys, most people expect you to win, stop jumping down the throats of every TB who dares suggest they have a shot.

People love to force the “you all doubted us!” narrative, even when GB has been a SB pick since before Halloween, and TB were written off (many doubting they’d even make the playoffs) after the KC game.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

Brady played well in KC a couple years back. I think if they get the run game going they will take this, with maybe Suh doing his best Warren Sapp impression and TB getting big things from the defensive backers. Rogers needs the game to cement is legacy or he will be viewed as a rich man’s Farve, another choke artist in Championship games. Gonna be a tight match.

Suh and Rodgers have a past from his days in Detroit....In fact they were jawing at each other in their meeting earlier this year....He has to be considered a bust, as he was in the SB with the Rams and contributed very little....Saying this, I don't expect much from him in this weekends game....

7 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I love how this thread has already devolved into Packers fans complaining about being doubted despite the fact they’re winning the poll 65-35. It’s the 1 seed at home to the 5 seed guys, most people expect you to win, stop jumping down the throats of every TB who dares suggest they have a shot.

People love to force the “you all doubted us!” narrative, even when GB has been a SB pick since before Halloween, and TB were written off (many doubting they’d even make the playoffs) after the KC game.

they just LOVE it

but we have you here to bring us all back to reality. so thank you