Free Agency 2021

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I don't buy your car part analogy. I prefer mine: if the price of beef is up and chicken's on sale, we're cooking chicken. A good chef/coach should be able to cook a gourmet meal with either.

Nfl defense is just a little more complex than cooking.  I’m just saying.

but to roll with your analogy, a chef works at a restaurant, prime rib is the most popular item on the menu.  The “thrifty” owner finds chicken on sale and stocks up on chicken and runs out of prime rib, then tells the chef you have chicken, make it happen captain....

it doesn’t really work.

Edited by DizzyDean

2 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Nfl defense is just a little more complex than cooking.  I’m just saying.

but to roll with your analogy, a chef works at a restaurant, prime rib is the most popular item on the menu.  The “thrifty” owner finds chicken on sale and stocks up on chicken and runs out of prime rib, then tells the chef you have chicken, make it happen captain....

it doesn’t really work.

You suck at this. I'd like to think I could explain it to you, but... I'd soon be a danger to myself or others.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bruceb said:

Because I do not think any DEs, with the possible exception of Rousseau, who won't be there, will be BPA.

DL, WR and CB.

The interior DL class is universally hated and rightfully so. WR maybe. But I doubt we burn our 1st on a WR when we have a very obvious first 4 in OBJ/Landry/Higs/DPJ. CB class is pretty weak in r1. You’re getting Farley, Surtain, or a guy with a bunch of question marks. Newsome has injury issues. Samuel is pocket-sized. Horn gets roasted too often due to a lack of speed and twitch. Stokes is slow and stiff, despite that absurd 40 time. Campbell is unproductive and uninspiring on tape despite his upside.

WR will probably be BPA, but DE will be close...and an actual need. We are more likely to go LB in the 1st if we take a BPA at a position of need (hope we don’t tho).

2 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

WR will probably be BPA, but DE will be close...and an actual need. We are more likely to go LB in the 1st if we take a BPA at a position of need (hope we don’t tho).

Agree.

But if the choices are Collins or Bolton I would rather take the WR or trade down.

8 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Texans watched our ****ty defense and said “let’s raid their cupboards of all their defensive back talent”.

Im sure that will work out well.

They must specifically have loved what they saw from him against Claypool.