Report: Rodgers Wants Out of Green Bay

Jaire_Island

6 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Question is, if the Packers trade Rodgers to SF and get that #3 overall pick, what do they do with that pick? 

I dont see them trading with the niners, but if I use the pick its Kyle Pitts for me.  Set Love up with a unique weapon from the start.  I'm going to need a lot more than the third pick to play trade here.

Edited by NFLGURU

Just now, incognito_man said:

i don't want players that need Aaron rodgers in town to want to win here

I seriously doubt Jaire would give two craps 

I was thinking more that guys don't want to sit through a rebuild. Kind of related to Rodgers, but not what i meant

Mah gawd! what has this blown up into?!

Think about it people. The timing is completely suss. It is all media driven. Adam Schefter dropped a bomb because that is what he is paid to do, to generate a story and clicks for ESPN by using certain facts and massaging them together that sounds like the truth so he can protect his credibility.

The Packers are easy pickings for the media right now. Us drafting Love last year generated lots of click baity headlines with Rodgers.

49ers just so happens to trade up to #3

The same 49ers who Rodgers supported as a kid and passed on him in the draft.

Now you got a perfect storm of juicy storylines merging together first with the rumors of the 49ers offering a trade which beat writer Silverstein tweeted saying it was not true, and now we've got this rumor of Rodgers wanting to leave.

Its not Rodgers style. He's a very mellow dude and is surrounded by fantastic players and playing in a system that he seems very happy with unlike McCarthy's final years. He went completely drama-free with Love for the entire season. Why would it suddenly blow up now? If he had a problem he would've done something about it last year.

Instead his response has been perfect, he knuckled down and played some of the best football of his career.

Why would he suddenly change on the eve of the draft? he wouldn't.

===================================================================

NOW.....Presuming ALL of this is for one moment is true then for all of this to happen the only scenario I can think of is since the Packers committed to Love by drafting him as their QB of the future then logically they should also be open to a potential Rodgers trade. It certainly doesn't help when the team he grew up supporting him supposedly made a major trade offer for him which we rejected.

So I bet Rodgers probably feels WTF?!?  either you are committed to me or you are not? you just denied me the opportunity to join my boyhood team.

Maybe we tried to smooth things over by offering an extension as a show of commitment and he has rejected that.

If it was ANY other team that made the trade offer I don't think we would have this problem.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

From an NFL scout. Pretty much the same stuff....

Reports that Aaron Rodgers has told members of the organization he does not want to return to the Green Bay Packers is all about Rodgers contract status as he feels he’s not been respected.
Packers team president Mark Murphy, head coach Matt LaFleur and GM Brian Gutekunst have traveled to California to try to get Rodgers to change his mind in the past but it has become a story as Dunn is putting this information out through the media to put pressure on getting a new deal.
Gutekunst issued a statement insisting Rodgers remains a part of the team’s 2021 plans, while reports the team has offered to extend Rodgers’ contract. It would appear Rodgers’ smoldering resentment at the team’s Jordan Love pick in the first round of the 2020 NFL Draft has not abated. Once again passing on pass-catching help in free agency surely did not help. Frankly, it is crazy the Packers are not considering dealing Rodgers. They have drafted his replacement and a 37-year-old coming off an MVP season will never be more valuable. The Pack wanted to plan for their post-Rodgers eventuality. If it’s not time to put it into motion now, when will it be?
The 49ers “reached out” about acquiring Aaron Rodgers on Wednesday but were rebuffed.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

yes, i had similar thoughts if it involves SF and GB.

SF is pretty much the only team towards the top of the draft  that could take rodgers and win now with him.  I mean, maybe Dallas with a new coach but that's just shuffling QB chairs.

The other teams are too far behind in talent.  Perhaps Miami is closer than we think, perhaps Denver.  All that would matter is for them to mistakenly self-evaluate as "we can win with rodgers this season" and they could push in their chips.

If it's SF, they would have to trade players for picks to get enough ammo to land rodgers.  And they would have to trade down from 3 to the Minnesota/New England range to get enough 1sts to land him.

And the packers would/should also trade Davante Adams if they are gonna trade Rodgers.

I just don't see any of this happening.

31 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

it's not really a sunk cost if the cost to absorb it requires you to restructure players which will incur future dead cap/higher cap hits.

The more efficient solution is to use the dead money as live money to pay the MVP to play qb and try to win the super bowl, then decide to move on or keep rodgers after this year.

Trade now makes no sense to me.

Dead cap $38M

Current cap hit $37M

Cutting Dean Lowry puts GB in plus net cap