2022 NFL Draft Thread

Nick_gb

This is why the top guys should not play bowl games.......

Adam Schefter -    Alabama's Jameson Williams, the projected top WR in the 2022 NFL Draft, tore his ACL last night vs. Georgia. Doctors believe that, after surgery within the next 10 days, Williams will retain his sub 4.3 speed, and they expect a full recovery.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -    Alabama's Jameson Williams, the projected top WR in the 2022 NFL Draft, tore his ACL last night vs. Georgia. Doctors believe that, after surgery within the next 10 days, Williams will retain his sub 4.3 speed, and they expect a full recovery.

Agree.  It’s certainly why many opted out of meaningless bowl games.  The NCAA Championship game is entirely different, however, and hopefully Williams does make a full recovery and gets his day this coming draft.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Agree.  It’s certainly why many opted out of meaningless bowl games.  The NCAA Championship game is entirely different, however, and hopefully Williams does make a full recovery and gets his day this coming draft.

He's going to miss his entire rookie year basically so does he go back to school? Gotta think he's slipping into the second round, best case scenario. He was at Ohio State last year and couldn't get on the field, so he went into the transfer portal to Alabama. OSU thought they had 3 guys better than him. 

45 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He's going to miss his entire rookie year basically so does he go back to school? Gotta think he's slipping into the second round, best case scenario. He was at Ohio State last year and couldn't get on the field, so he went into the transfer portal to Alabama. OSU thought they had 3 guys better than him.

No reason to go back to school, let a pro team pamper your entire recovery. Not going to improve your stock by rehabbing at school.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Might as well turn pro.  Get drafted and be 1 year closer to a 2nd contract.

Going back to Bama to not play may not do much for him.  Maybe a better draft slot by a round, but unlikely to be 1st rounder

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

Might as well turn pro.  Get drafted and be 1 year closer to a 2nd contract.

Going back to Bama to not play may not do much for him.  Maybe a better draft slot by a round, but unlikely to be 1st rounder

Definitely hope you get drafted high on potential and take advantage of pro training staff and  rehab, not to mention getting paid. You hope to make a full recovery and beast out in your 2nd year. Also, not going in the first means no 5th year option. I don’t watch enough college ball to know all the prospects, but hope the guy gets gets it all back on track. I hate to hear stories like this with talented guys shredding their future for a system that can just replace them with the next up and comer. 

Here are some guys that I like.

Jermaine Johnson III   Edge

Devonte Wyatt   DL

Chad Muma   LB

Derion Kendrick    CB/RS

Josh Whyle    TE

Tyler Linderbaum    C   

Jaxson Kirkland    OL

Edited by jleisher
add
  • Like 1

On 1/11/2022 at 5:57 PM, Leader said:

Didn’t someone tear an ACL a few years back working out for the draft too?

On 1/10/2022 at 2:39 PM, StartBarr said:DL

Jordan Davis / Georgia - love him if we think Clark can play 3T

DeMarvin Leal / Texas A&M - Top pick for me if I had choice of any DL

Devonte Wyatt / Georgia - like him… 2nd round?

Travon Walker / Georgia’ - ?

EDGE

Myjai Sanders / Cincinnati - like him a lot  

Zach Harrison / Ohio State - are we going to a 4-3?

Jermaine Johnson II / Florida State - see above 

Logan Hall / Houston - see above, above 

LB

Nakobe Dean / Georgia - 3rd round or later  

Devin Lloyd / Utah - wishing on a star here I think, looks like he’s gonna go Top 10-15 - like him with Denver’s first pick  😜

Brandon Smith / Penn State - no opinion here  didn’t see enough 

WR

Treylon Burks / Arkansas - total Packer pick

Drake London / USC - see above 

Jahan Dotson / Penn State - didn’t we just draft Amari Rogers?

TE

Trey McBride / Colorado State - 4th or later for me  

Jalen Wydermyer / Texas A&M - Denver’s 2nd pick would be great for him  

• Like 1

A couple of EDGE guys I like are:

David Ojabo - MI (probably going to go too early.

Isaiah Foskey - ND (kid drops into coverage on occasion and does not embarrass himself doing so. Great movement skills but very raw as a pass rusher. Great length too. 

Foskey might be there when we draft at 32 depending on his combine goes. If he blows it up, he'll also be long gone. Ojabo is projected in the teens from what I'm seeing. 

Edited by Old Guy