2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Which is all the more astounding they never really addressed interior OL depth outside in the draft with the age/contracts of Joel/Tretter/Teller.

They drafted a OT which is the only position on the OL we have long terms starters at with Conklin/Wills/Hubbard/Forbes

A little strange to not get some mid/late round OG/C to work 'season' himself for a year or two until Bitonio/Tretter/Teller leave.

Don’t forget we have Forbes and Harris 

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

They drafted a OT which is the only position on the OL we have long terms starters at with Conklin/Wills/Hubbard/Forbes

James Hudson will probably be Joel’s replacement. He lacks arm length to be a OT, but he’s athletic and nasty.

Nick Harris will replace Tretter. They probably wanted to give him one more season to learn and get physically ready.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

James Hudson will probably be Joel’s replacement. He lacks arm length to be a OT, but he’s athletic and nasty.

Nick Harris will replace Tretter. They probably wanted to give him one more season to learn and get physically ready.

I think this would be the ideal outcome. I liked the Nick Harris pick and am rooting for him to make it. Hudson seems destined for IOL, agreed. He could also possibly be insurance for Conklin's walking in free agency after next (2022) season:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/jack-conklin-18956/

• Like 1

I think they let teller walk, hopefully after a monster season, and he gets huge money on the free agency market securing us a third or a 4th.

I think our line could be Wills, Hudson, harris, forbes, and then a new rt in a few years. 

Of our existing 4 starters the one I want here the most in 3 years is conklin.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I think this would be the ideal outcome. I liked the Nick Harris pick and am rooting for him to make it. Hudson seems destined for IOL, agreed. He could also possibly be insurance for Conklin's walking in free agency after next (2022) season:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/jack-conklin-18956/

I think Conklin retires a Brown. They will try to keep him and Wills.

Baker needs good OT’s.

5 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think they let teller walk, hopefully after a monster season, and he gets huge money on the free agency market securing us a third or a 4th.

I think our line could be Wills, Hudson, harris, forbes, and then a new rt in a few years. 

Of our existing 4 starters the one I want here the most in 3 years is conklin.

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the best attribute Wills, Hudson, and Harris all have is foot speed. I really like Wyatt, but I could see the front office wanting a RG with more nimble feet.

We need to keep Conklin though.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the best attribute Wills, Hudson, and Harris all have is foot speed. I really like Wyatt, but I could see the front office wanting a RG with more nimble feet.

We need to keep Conklin though.

Wyatt and his feet held him back last year how? Were they the reason he was getting hurt? Wyatt played like the best RG in the league when he was healthy last year

On 8/7/2021 at 6:58 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Which is all the more astounding they never really addressed interior OL depth outside in the draft with the age/contracts of Joel/Tretter/Teller.

If you are not happy with our current OL depth you will literally never be happy with our OL depth. Ever. Forever.

This is by far the best and deepest line in the whole league. We are going to be cutting OL AT EVERY POSITION who would start for 2-3 teams in the league and be key swing guys on 15-20.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, FGK said:

If you are not happy with our current OL depth you will literally never be happy with our OL depth. Ever. Forever.

This is by far the best and deepest line in the whole league. We are going to be cutting OL AT EVERY POSITION who would start for 2-3 teams in the league and be key swing guys on 15-20.

It's especially crazy when you consider how bad our OL was just like two years ago. We had Bitonio and Tretter and the rest were bad starters with practically zero depth. Just goes to show how smart personnel moves plus great coaching can make such a dramatic difference in a short amount of time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DawgX said:

It's especially crazy when you consider how bad our OL was just like two years ago. We had Bitonio and Tretter and the rest were bad starters with practically zero depth. Just goes to show how smart personnel moves plus great coaching can make such a dramatic difference in a short amount of time.

Yeah quite literally one of the worst lines I’ve ever seen. 

Last year’s defense was one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Hopefully we’ve solved that too. 

Yeah these guys know what they are doing and they aren’t going to, of all positions, not re-sign the quarterback or keep control. It will be fine as long as nothing sours the relationship or anything. I still wouldn’t shovel money at Denzel ward. He is a great player but I would be content letting him play on the tag if that’s how that one goes down until he shows he can be healthy for a season.