Raiders DE Carl Nassib announces he's gay

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What am I wrong about? 

What were you attempting to "balance out"? Sure seems like you're trying to indicate that the numbers that @-Hope- listed were as high as they were due to the pandemic, when actually they're just always that high and many numbers were down. There's no balancing out anything. It's always that bad for LGBT youth.

5 minutes ago, Dome said:

I’ve been accused of it when arguing football. Sometimes you’re on the ropes and gotta defend your guy. 

And every single time someone called me out for a bad faith argument, they were right. They’re really not that easy to hide.

And Homerism isn’t nearly the same as being Homophobic 

Ahh yeah fair. I'm sure my Greg Robinson takes got me plenty of that back in the day. I meant on stuff that matters. 

And yep, if anyone thinks they're being clever, they aren't.

9 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Me pointing out the inconsistencies of what can and can't be discussed doesn't mean I'm offended. Your just making stuff up. For example there were warnings and bans handed out for discussing Lebron James' politics, but now we can have a full blown thread on Carl Nassib's sexuality - even though both topics (politics and sex) were not allowed to be discussed. Maybe you should work on your comprehension before you go throwing out nonsense.

Hmm.

11 hours ago, Webmaster said:

I've decided to open this topic up.  After discussing it with some members and mods, I feel this is something that members should be allowed to discuss, even though it's not football related.    

I feel as if I have shared this with you before. Not sure if you're getting it. Maybe comprehension should be more of a focus?

Your complaints in here are accomplishing nothing. If you want to continue, please PM myself or Webby.

If you're going to continue posting about site moderation, I'm going to delete your comments.

- ET

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I would say there is a growing movement among the internet-age youth that is anti established religion and has a pretty vocal crowd that deems people of religious as bad humans. If the numbers arent growing, they are definitely getting louder. Maybe that isnt persecution, but it is a form of bigotry. 

When you spend your whole life getting crapped on by "Christians", it's hard to not see them as a religion of hate. Growing up being told, "You're going to hell" just because you're Jewish or LGBT or whatever isn't their flavor of Christianity is a form of hate. Hatred from Christian people has been a part of my life because I'm Jewish. So it's been hard for me to not see Christians, especially the ones who are throwing it in your face all the time, as a hateful group for me.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I would say there is a growing movement among the internet-age youth that is anti established religion and has a pretty vocal crowd that deems people of religious as bad humans. If the numbers arent growing, they are definitely getting louder. Maybe that isnt persecution, but it is a form of bigotry. 

So there are some people who sometimes say mean things about people who are religious. That’s… life?

Also, it’s a pretty far cry from claiming a religious person can’t even participate in an online discussion.

I have no patience for this persecution complex. When the trends of LGBTQIA mental health concerns are as have been mentioned already in this thread and are highly tied to the historical attitudes of the people now saying their feelings are hurt because they’re not being catered to in every facet of life anymore, I can’t muster any energy to care.

• Like 6

Just now, DutchFalcon said:

Happy that this kind of discussion is now accepted on the forums. Gone are the days of code-speak about elite hammy's and NBT trying to hide his mancrush on Randy Moss.

Good on everyone :)

Knees. Not hammy. 😁

5 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

personally if i had done this i wouldn't admit it in public, but i admire your honesty.

I’m an old man and I’ve lived a long life. No shame, anymore.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go dry my nether bits with the air dryer  in the gym lockerroom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pwny said:

What were you attempting to "balance out"? Sure seems like you're trying to indicate that the numbers that @-Hope- listed were as high as they were due to the pandemic, when actually they're just always that high and many numbers were down. There's no balancing out anything. It's always that bad for LGBT youth.

So I wasnt wrong about anything and you just straw manned me for no point whatsoever? Maybe try reading what I wrote instead of the delusion you came up with. If you read my words, I clearly explained that LBGTQ was a high risk group for suicide and needs support.

Anyways:

"Suicidal ideation is up among young people since last year, with as many as one in four people ages 18 through 24 having seriously considered suicide in the 30 days preceding the survey, according to the report, in which researchers surveyed 5,412 adults in the US between June 24 and 30." 

---------------------------------------------

The rate of suicide among those aged 10 to 24 increased nearly 60% between 2007 and 2018, according to a report released Friday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The rise occurred in most states, with 42 experiencing significant increases.

------------------------------------------------

"A recent study by the CDC with the help of Johns Hopkins University, Harvard, and Boston Children's Hospital has revealed that suicide rates dropping in certain states has been linked to the legalization of same sex marriage in those same states. Suicide rates as a whole fell about 7% but the rates among specifically gay, lesbian, and bisexual teenagers fell at a rate of 14%. In 2013, an estimated 494,169 people were treated in emergency departments for self-inflicted, nonfatal injuries, which left an estimated $10.4 billion in combined medical and work loss costs.[5]

Suicide differs through the race and ethnic backgrounds. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention ranked suicide as the 8th leading cause for American Indians/Alaska Natives. Hispanic students in grades 9–12 have the following percentages: having seriously considered attempting suicide (18.9%), having made a plan about how they would attempt suicide (15.7%), having attempted suicide (11.3%), and having made a suicide attempt that resulted in an injury, poisoning, or overdose that required medical attention (4.1%). These percentages are consistently higher than white and black students.[6]

Potential signs include threatening the well-being of oneself and others through physical violence, a desire to run away from home, property damage, giving away belongings, joking about/ referencing suicide, using drugs, isolating themselves, sleeping too much or too little, fatigue, despair, and extreme mood swings, among other things. [7] Parents witnessing such threats are recommended to immediately speak with their child and seek immediate mental health evaluation."

----------------------------------------

My "balancing point" was that 2020 was rough for a lot of people, but even harder on those in high risk categories. That youth in those categories need to be supported. 

So I ask again - What was I wrong about?