What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

Watched Love, Death, + Robots over the weekend.

I thought it was an interesting idea because  of the animation of the anthology and the different styles of animation. There were some strong episodes, a lot of okay episodes, and a few poor episodes. Because they are basically short films, there are times where it was a bit heavy handed with the moral of the story and that just turns me off because it feels like they are telling the viewer that they are dumb and can't figure out anything more subtle. But the animation throughout the anthology was always on point.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I really liked it all the way through, from what I remember, the first 3 seasons in particular were all great. The only reason I haven't rewatched is because 20+ episode seasons are such a thing of that past. Committing that much time per season means a lot of filler unfortunately. It was definitely my gateway into television as a serious medium for story telling and I suspect it was for a lot of others as well. I have a lot of fond memories of getting together in college with a big group to watch it back in college. 

I agree with this. Lost was a strong show throughout. I wished some things were done differently, but isn't that always the way...

Finally got around to watching Deadwood on Amazon Prime. Finished all 3 seasons in maybe a week? 

Was enjoyable and at times lmao worthy. It was frustrating too.. so much strong posturing and not enough conviction to retaliate, imho. Don't understand how so many could withstand such treatments without settling the matter instantly or soon after. 

Annoying and troubling that it didn't continue beyond 3 seasons; felt so very incomplete. 

20 hours ago, oldman9er said:

Finally got around to watching Deadwood on Amazon Prime. Finished all 3 seasons in maybe a week? 

Was enjoyable and at times lmao worthy. It was frustrating too.. so much strong posturing and not enough conviction to retaliate, imho. Don't understand how so many could withstand such treatments without settling the matter instantly or soon after. 

Annoying and troubling that it didn't continue beyond 3 seasons; felt so very incomplete. 

Back then people were just more interested in surviving rather then die with dignity.

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

Back then people were just more interested in surviving rather then die with dignity.

Fair point. I guess it would also demolish character development if most go right off into a shooting war every time someone spits in their direction. It can be hard to stomach though... imagining the shame of carrying on in close proximity.. doing nothing.. to someone who punked you or someone close to you.. so thoroughly. It's one thing if you're weak and can't match up in a physical fight.. but guns were so readily available, I'd think in most cases.. just shoot em dead and move along to some other camp. Or die trying. 

On 3/18/2019 at 5:44 PM, JTagg7754 said:

That's a shame to hear. I hope I'm more easily amused than you are lol. That usually tends to be the case but we'll see

Probably my favorite TV series ever.  It runs into a rough patch in season 3 (which was during the writers strike), but 4-6 are still damn good.  They aren't season 1, but Season 1 is one of the best seasons of TV ever to me.  That was the last show that I made time to see it live.  The last season is polarizing, people either seem to love it or hate it, but I loved it.

• Like 2

So I tried to watch Parks and Rec for the first time last night.  I got through the first 6 episodes, I had it on while I was working on a report.  I didn't laugh once and I don't like a single character on the show.  Why is this show popular?  

49 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

So I tried to watch Parks and Rec for the first time last night.  I got through the first 6 episodes, I had it on while I was working on a report.  I didn't laugh once and I don't like a single character on the show.  Why is this show popular?  

Similar to the office it picks up steam as it goes. Season 1 was meh, but there' a few seasons in the middle that are great.

47 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The first season was not very good honestly. It doesn't really even hit it's stride for me until season 3ish. Mark Brendanawicz actually really holds back the show

3 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

The first season was not very good honestly. It doesn't really even hit it's stride for me until season 3ish. Mark Brendanawicz actually really holds back the show

I think i'm part way through season 2.  The only one that has me laugh or even smile consistently is Tom Haverford.  Occasionally Leslie, but yeah it's kind of rough at first.

On 3/20/2019 at 11:07 PM, THE DUKE said:

Probably my favorite TV series ever.  It runs into a rough patch in season 3 (which was during the writers strike), but 4-6 are still damn good.  They aren't season 1, but Season 1 is one of the best seasons of TV ever to me.  That was the last show that I made time to see it live.  The last season is polarizing, people either seem to love it or hate it, but I loved it.

I'm a few episodes into season 2 and thus far, I like it better than 1. This isn't a slight to 1 and there's still a long ways to go. I really, really liked season 1 also. Looking forward to pushing through but damn basketball is going to make it more difficult.