What TV Show Are You Watching?

Adrenaline_Flux

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Umbrella Academy season 2... very underwhelming, I thought it was worse than the 1st season and I was not a huge fan of the 1st season. Love the premise, just feels very poorly executed.

Agreed it’s a decent show with some good moments but overall it’s not that great.

• Like 1

BRIDGERTON! It was #2 on Netflix and decided to watch the trailer. 

I read a comment that it was a combo of:

1. Pride and Prejudice (never saw it)
  2. Gossip Girl (watched a couple episodes back in the day, meh)
  3. 50 Shades of Grey (never saw it)

First episode: super skeptical and confused but kept watching. Second episode: hooked!

Not sure if it matters but I'm a female. (so maybe one of your SOs might watch it, ha) I'm not interested in romantic comedies or ridiculousness but this show is good! Well written, creative and acting is great. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, K9 said:

BRIDGERTON! It was #2 on Netflix and decided to watch the trailer. 

I read a comment that it was a combo of:

1. Pride and Prejudice (never saw it)
  2. Gossip Girl (watched a couple episodes back in the day, meh)
  3. 50 Shades of Grey (never saw it)

First episode: super skeptical and confused but kept watching. Second episode: hooked!

Not sure if it matters but I'm a female. (so maybe one of your SOs might watch it, ha) I'm not interested in romantic comedies or ridiculousness but this show is good! Well written, creative and acting is great. 

My wife watched it, and loved it.  She got through it in 2 or 3 days, which is a lot, for her.  Basically all of her free time in the evenings.  I watched some of it here and there, and was in the next room the majority of  the time she was watching it, so I could kind of hear what was going on.  It sounded like a straight romance novel on TV, which was kind of unique, to me.   It's definitely geared toward females, but some guys would like it, too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

My wife watched it, and loved it.  She got through it in 2 or 3 days, which is a lot, for her.  Basically all of her free time in the evenings.  I watched some of it here and there, and was in the next room the majority of  the time she was watching it, so I could kind of hear what was going on.  It sounded like a straight romance novel on TV, which was kind of unique, to me.   It's definitely geared toward females, but some guys would like it, too.

It usually doesn't matter what gender you are when you post but I felt like it made more sense with this show. I would agree, it is definitely more targeted to the females. But I didn't want to write that   :) 

I've been working through Bridgerton, but it took me three tries to get through the first episode, barely remember the second, then took about a four day hiatus before trying again. Picked up around episode 4 or 5, so I'm starting to get into it

The Flight Attendant on HBO Max. Holy moly - this show is equal parts intense, dark, funny and wild.

Kaley Cuoco is incredible in it. This isn't "Penny goes International", she really fleshed out a deep and complex character in this one. You feel sympathetic for her, but you're also yelling at her for her incredibly stupid decisions the entire time. (It doesn't hurt that she's incredibly attractive too - I knew she was very attractive, but holy moly she's now #1 on my list).

Really good show, can't wait for S2.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The Flight Attendant on HBO Max. Holy moly - this show is equal parts intense, dark, funny and wild.

Kaley Cuoco is incredible in it. This isn't "Penny goes International", she really fleshed out a deep and complex character in this one. You feel sympathetic for her, but you're also yelling at her for her incredibly stupid decisions the entire time. (It doesn't hurt that she's incredibly attractive too - I knew she was very attractive, but holy moly she's now #1 on my list).

Really good show, can't wait for S2.

Do you think HBO max is worth the monthly subscription? Would love to get it for GoT but thats in about now.

3 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Do you think HBO max is worth the monthly subscription? Would love to get it for GoT but thats in about now.

So far, I don't mind it - it's been a solid add, but I really haven't explored it outside of this show and WW84 (which was a disaster).

I'm picking up a few more shows, will report back soon.

Just now, ET80 said:

So far, I don't mind it - it's been a solid add, but I really haven't explored it outside of this show and WW84 (which was a disaster).

I'm picking up a few more shows, will report back soon.

If its on HBO max and If you havent watched it yet, Boardwalk Empire is a must watch IMO. Steve Buscemi does an amazing job in the series.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

If its on HBO max and If you havent watched it yet, Boardwalk Empire is a must watch IMO. Steve Buscemi does an amazing job in the series.

I was actually going to start that one next, so appreciate the vote for it. 

• Like 1