Rodgers positive for COVID - will miss game vs Chiefs

notthatbluestuff

From his press conference on August 26th:

q: Are you vaccinated, and what's your stance on vaccinations?

Rodgers: Yeah, I've been immunized. You know there's a lot of conversation around it, around the league; lot of guys who have made statements and not made statements. Owners who made statements. You know there's guys on the team who haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision, I'm not gonna judge those guys. There's guys who have been vaccinated who have contracted COVID. It's an interesting issue, that I think we're gonna see played out played out the entire season. I'm not sure what they're going to do with the testing schedule. I know that talking to JC, the PA, we talked about testing every single day for everybody. The league obviously shot that down, or didn't want to do that. I don't know if that was financially incentivized or whatnot, but it'll be interesting to see what happens if we can get the protocols changed at some point. It's obviously something that's moving; the protocols and guidelines are kinda changing day to day, it seems.

Q: [context included about Cam Newton and Kirk cousins to set up this question] From a football and competitive standpoint, was that important to make sure you're always going to be available? And I don't know, from an example setting standpoint.

Rodgers: Nah, I mean it wasn't about that at all. I think you know, I like to learn about everything that I'm doing and you know, there was a lot of research that even went into that. But, you know, like I said, there's been guys who have tested positive. I think it's only vaccinated people here. So It's gonna be interesting to see how things work moving forward. Obviously there could be issues with vaccinated people only testing every couple weeks, and non-vaccinated testing every day. Last year, I felt like -- I think I read something about this -- it was more difficult, maybe, to pull a guy out who might have tested positive on gameday,. I don't think that'll be the issue with somebody who's not vaccinated, but you know it is interesting to see how things are played out. I think there's been a lot of conversation about it. And just in talking to JC, I think this is going to continue to evolve as we get into the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

On a scale of 0-10, what’s the probability that Brady, Brees, or Manning would have been unvaccinated knowing the possible risks of hurting their team. Hint…0 is the only acceptable answer. 

Absolutely. 

Rodgers whines ALL off-season about the team being all in. In a season that our GM pushed $51million in dead cap into future years, and then pulls this.

What team would want to trade for him at this point. He's toxic. He's probably mentally ill.

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

From his press conference on August 26th:

q: Are you vaccinated, and what's your stance on vaccinations?

Rodgers: Yeah, I've been immunized. You know there's a lot of conversation around it, around the league; lot of guys who have made statements and not made statements. Owners who made statements. You know there's guys on the team who haven't been vaccinated. I think it's a personal decision, I'm not gonna judge those guys. There's guys who have been vaccinated who have contracted COVID. It's an interesting issue, that I think we're gonna see played out played out the entire season. I'm not sure what they're going to do with the testing schedule. I know that talking to JC, the PA, we talked about testing every single day for everybody. The league obviously shot that down, or didn't want to do that. I don't know if that was financially incentivized or whatnot, but it'll be interesting to see what happens if we can get the protocols changed at some point. It's obviously something that's moving; the protocols and guidelines are kinda changing day to day, it seems.

Q: [context included about Cam Newton and Kirk cousins to set up this question] From a football and competitive standpoint, was that important to make sure you're always going to be available? And I don't know, from an example setting standpoint.

Rodgers: Nah, I mean it wasn't about that at all. I think you know, I like to learn about everything that I'm doing and you know, there was a lot of research that even went into that. But, you know, like I said, there's been guys who have tested positive. I think it's only vaccinated people here. So It's gonna be interesting to see how things work moving forward. Obviously there could be issues with vaccinated people only testing every couple weeks, and non-vaccinated testing every day. Last year, I felt like -- I think I read something about this -- it was more difficult, maybe, to pull a guy out who might have tested positive on gameday,. I don't think that'll be the issue with somebody who's not vaccinated, but you know it is interesting to see how things are played out. I think there's been a lot of conversation about it. And just in talking to JC, I think this is going to continue to evolve as we get into the season.

Did anyone ask a follow-up question after he said “immunized?”  When you ask “are you vaccinated?” And he answers in the affirmative but then uses a different term, i feel like that requires a follow-up.

3 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

doesn't the NFL request prove of vaccination? Can't believe team or league would just go by the word of a player, whoever that is. 

if they are even the tiniest bit serious about player safety or their Covid regulations no doubt he should be banned from playing and team facility. 

There's no way they don't. He may have lied to the media (or carefully worded it in a shady way), but there is no way the NFL wasn't aware of his status. 

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

I'm ******* blown away that he thought he could lie about being vaccinated lmao.

he didnt say he was vaccinated though he just used shifty words like immunized. He probably got covid before and thought he couldnt get it again as some people do believe this.

Edited by soflbillsfan