Round 1 Pick 28; Devonte Wyatt, DL Georgia

Packerraymond

2 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Getting to watch people struggle and misspell Devonte after years of watching people struggle and misspell Davante is a low key bonus to this pick that will bring me a small amount of joy.

Watch them start spelling Wyatt's first name Davante lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Like I have said multiple times, the Packers could pick Jesus Christ, and if he wasn't listed as WR, pundits would claim that the Packers screwed up the draft.

Most of the pontificators on TV last night after the draft praised the Packers for being and smart and not reaching for a WR at #22 after all the big names were gone.

• Like 1

Devonte Wyatt was/is the best defensive tackle in the draft and we got him at #28. Hell of a value pick, and I cannot wait to see him next to Kenny Clark. Who I think he mirrors as a player. Damn good against the run AND rushing the passer at 6'3 and 300+. Makes up for the Walker pick for me.

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Most of the pontificators on TV last night after the draft praised the Packers for being and smart and not reaching for a WR at #22 after all the big names were gone.

Sadly one of my previous favourite pundits, Connor Rodgers (Bleacher Report) and the site as a whole, are all about the Packers foolishness for not taking a WR and how annoyed Rodgers will be that they did not.

A poor take in my view. Aaron Rodgers understood the situation far better than Connor Rodgers. Their take seemed more about clickbait than anything else. Tonight  I'll still be rolling with the Bootleg stream, the Cheesehead TV stream and here. Bleacher Report can practice self-insertion techniques.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

Sadly one of my previous favourite pundits, Connor Rodgers (Bleacher Report) and the site as a whole, are all about the Packers foolishness for not taking a WR and how annoyed Rodgers will be that they did not.

A poor take in my view. Aaron Rodgers understood the situation far better than Connor Rodgers. Their take seemed more about clickbait than anything else. Tonight  I'll still be rolling with the Bootleg stream, the Cheesehead TV stream and here. Bleacher Report can practice self-insertion techniques.

That's what Connor gets for being a second rate Rodgers.

• Like 2

I'm going to say this and it will make some people a little angry, but I think the WRs that went in the first round will mostly end up being the #2 receivers on their team. Maybe 1 or 2 may breakout , but overall I see a large group that will have trouble with the pro game.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hands said:

I'm going to say this and it will make some people a little angry, but I think the WRs that went in the first round will mostly end up being the #2 receivers on their team. Maybe 1 or 2 may breakout , but overall I see a large group that will have trouble with the pro game.

Wasn't that the core narrative for this entire WR class leading up to the draft?

1 hour ago, Hands said:

I agree. You're not the only one. Some on this board have been saying that all along. I am glad they stuck to their board (presumably) and didn't reach for a WR just because WR is the highest priority need. Even if they had traded up for one of those 6 WR's, none were a Chase or Jefferson who likely would immediately perform like a veteran All-Pro in their rookie year. None would come in and immediately replicate what Davante Adams does and even he took some seasons to develop into the WR he is now. In fact, for immediate impact on a more limited scale just in terms of doing a couple helpful things well right away, some of the lower ranked WR's like Watson or Pierce might immediately replace alot of what MVS gave the team in terms of blocking, go routes, stretching the defense, etc.  In short, I don't see any WR in this draft who could have fully and immediately replaced what Davante Adams gave the team, but I see multiple WR's who might replace much (maybe not all, but much) of what MVS gave the team, e.g., Watson, Pierce, Gray, Thornton, etc.  I think Watson is best of the bunch to relatively replace what MVS gave us. The question is whether they can maneuver themselves into a draft position to grab Watson. I doubt it. But some of those other guys I'd think would still be on the board at #53.

Edited by DWhitehurst

7 hours ago, Hands said:

A whole lot of good players and significant contributors, but not a whole lot of traditional #1 X receivers on the board.  Think a lot them could be schemed to get #1 type production if they reach their max potential just not many 6'2+ guys you can put on an island and expect them to take over.

Not saying that means Watson will be good or they will struggle, just that he's one of the few with that skill set.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:50 PM, R T said:

I see this guy as the true 3-tech penetrator that they have been missing for years. The DL coach Montgomery said was the one thing missing and I thought Hall, Winfrey or Leal would be that guy, not Wyatt because of his off the field stuff. But Wyatt is the best one on the field in this draft class. 

I think this kid is going to eat next to KC.  Great pick.

• Like 1