2023 Draft Talk

swede700

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

I’m sorry but Osborn isn’t fine as a #2. He may be passable, but getting another receiver to keep Osborn as a long(er) term WR3 only makes the offense better and more explosive. 

Osborn has got better every year in the NFL and will be 26 next season. I think he still has room to grow.

You could do way worse than him as your #2.

If we move on from Thielen, I could see us going after a big possession receiver like Allen Lazard to compete with Osborn though.

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Osborn has got better every year in the NFL and will be 26 next season. I think he still has room to grow.

If we move on from Thielen, I could see us going after a big possession receiver like Allen Lazard to compete with Osborn though.

I want nothing to do with Allen Lazard.  He'd bring absolutely nothing that the Vikings need. They already have a big possession receiver...his name is TJ Hockenson. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

They don't need a big possession guy, they need a homerun guy, someone that can get vertical that defenses need to account for.

That will open the field more for JJ.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I would love to steal Parris Campbell from Indy. That's the kind of receiver we need and would benefit from working with McCardell.

I think that's why a lot of people are suggesting Mecole Hardman as well...they are both around the same age (24-25) and would bring added speed to the WR room.  Campbell would probably cost a lot less.   

• Like 3

16 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

Open the o up all you want, you won't win playoff games with a bottom five defense. 

Totally agree, look at the top teams in the league, Buffalo, Philadelphia, 49ers, Kansas City and Cincinnati all of them can play defense extremely well.  Unless the Vikings have a great roster top to bottom they have no shot at competing.  All of those teams have great rosters with talent behind the starters.  

The Vikings barely even have starters defensively much less talent behind the starters.  All comes down to drafting though, 49ers did not have any super high picks but they made their picks count.  2021 they got Hufanaga, Lenoir and Mitchell all as 5-6th round picks and all produced in that game against Dallas.  And in 2022 obviously got Purdy with the last pick and a starter on the OL in the 4th.  

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 10:59 AM, SemperFeist said:

The Vikings need a true outside receiver. 

Osborn does his most damage out of the slot. Keep him and/or Thielen in the slot. But this team doesn’t have a reliable outside receiver opposite Jefferson, especially if Thielen is gone. 

They need to find that receiver. 

Looks like Johnston is your pick.

• Like 1