2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

27 minutes ago, Dr LBC said:

My feeling is that Brown likely still ends up elevated, but the organization isn't going to just throw him in the deep end; likely Gruden as a caretaker HC, Brown as the OC, and they'd go out and bring in a new DC (with Morris being hired away as an HC in this example), since I'm not sure we really have a viable internal candidate.

I'd rather have Brown as HC and Olson or Gruden as OC. Throwing him into the deep end seems like a great idea to me. McVay is there for advice. If Gruden is the OC, he has HC experience and can be leaned on too. Plus, Brown is already the Assistant HC. 

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

Not to give you heartburn, but… didn’t Bill Cowher say something similar back when he walked away in the mid 00s?

After a while.. waking up late and getting your morning coffee while doing minor show prep for ESPN/NFLN, then playing golf after a few hours on camera gets pretty comfy. Spending more quality time with his incredibly beautiful supermodel wife is also an added bonus.

schrager and mcvay are very close. they had a podcast together. schrager is pretty much spot on.

and i'm not sure if guys like olsen and gruden really would be options. the rams beat writer for the athletic said, that mcvay would've fired pretty much all tese coaches anyway.
jourdan also said that the rams would be interesed in frank reich as oc.

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

Why?

I always felt as if he had an offense which could translate well in the NFL. In addition - Stanford had some REALLY strict admissions standards as an institution, and Shaw was able to work around that and field a competitive team most years.

My gut tells me he’s a lot like the last Stanford HC to transition to the NFL.