2023 NFL coaching rumors and notes

Forge

39 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

I'm getting the sense that Demeco Ryans is kind of doing the same thing. Could be the top two targets in next year's coaching cycle. 

Why would Ryans wait? He could go back to the Texans the place he was drafted and possibly be the man who turned that entire Franchise around? 

Plethora of picks. Will be given a long leash drafting a Rookie QB (Young/Stroud). What's not to like about the Texans? Makes to much sense to me.

Or

Go to Denver and take over that Defense with those players already in place? 

Sean Payton wants Dallas. Has since the second he left New Orleans. He's just waiting for Dallas to choke and Jerry to snap. 

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why would Ryans wait? He could go back to the Texans the place he was drafted and possibly be the man who turned that entire Franchise around? 

Plethora of picks. Will be given a long leash drafting a Rookie QB (Young/Stroud). What's not to like about the Texans? Makes to much sense to me.

Or

Sean Payton wants Dallas. Has since the second he left New Orleans. He's just waiting for Dallas to choke and Jerry to snap. 

I've seen a rumor or two suggesting that he does not want anything to do with Houston, which I don't blame him.

There have been zero concrete reports or quotes from him about anything regarding HC openings, it's all just rumors and speculation right now. My post was based on the fact that he has not been linked to any openings yet, just speculation by talking heads on where he might go. 

It just feels like he might turn down some of these crappy options to stick with the Niners until a fit he deems great opens up, no one knows right now.

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

Or

The scuttle seems to be that he has no interest in the Texans. I'm not sure if he took the interview with Denver, but I don't think he's getting that job anyway. So I don't think it is that he's not interested in moving into a head coach role this year, I think he just didn't want the Texans. 

Waiting a year carries some risk because you can never say never with regards to the niners defense just falling apart or the the team as a whole just being awful (the defense in particular is far more reliant on Nick Bosa than people acknowledge), but bringing mostly every important piece back (Jimmie Ward is likely to be the only major loss with a couple of "meh" losses such as Ebukam) you'd think that it'll be in a good spot next year and he'll just have another year of experience and another good year packed on to the resume.

20 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Payton was essential GM 1c with Mickey Loomis and Jeff Ireland. He had a huge say in personnel, but he let Mickey handle money and Ireland oversee the scouting. I’m sure he’d consider something similar wherever he goes. 

Wasn't Payton punting everything after the 3rd round of the draft to Ireland anyway?