Official 2023 MLB Gameday Thread

Herbie_Hancock

38 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

For sure.  But I'd imagine 0% of hitters prefer pitchers using concoctions that go beyond rosin to artificially increase spin rates.  It's a fine line and a tough one to navigate.  

I used to try to subtly scuff balls along the laces when catching. Nobody on base and a pitch was well outside the zone? I’d mostly catch then drop it lightly, and then pick it up barehand as I raked it across the clay before I threw it back to the pitcher.

6 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

For sure.  But I'd imagine 0% of hitters prefer pitchers using concoctions that go beyond rosin to artificially increase spin rates.  It's a fine line and a tough one to navigate.  

I don't think it's hard at all tbh. We track spin rate in real time. Just have a guy in NY track every pitchers rate and if there's an aberration flag it and have him checked. Bam. Done. Solved.

Or just pre tack the ******* balls already like literally every other league. 

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Yeah lol happy to be wrong tho

I wish you would have.  That MFer absolutely destroyed the Cubs this week.

James Outman as well.  It's annoying how the Dodgers can have Cody Bellinger fall apart, only to have another guy step in and become what Cody Bellinger was.  The national guys keep pushing Volpe and Walker, but Outman is easily the best rookie this year.

Just now, mission27 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 @hrubes20 @MWil23 @redsoxsuck05 @Mesa_Titan @CWood21 @Thelonebillsfan @kgarrett12486 @beekay414 @mse326@Leader

What the hell happened here?  Me and @TLO leave for 5 minutes and this forum totally dies?!

Dolan killed my will to be a diehard fan when a solitary SP Garrett Cole made more money than their payroll in the past. 

1 hour ago, mission27 said:

@ramssuperbowl99 @hrubes20 @MWil23 @redsoxsuck05 @Mesa_Titan @CWood21 @Thelonebillsfan @kgarrett12486 @beekay414 @mse326@Leader

What the hell happened here?  Me and @TLO leave for 5 minutes and this forum totally dies?!

The sport's ownership is so blatantly exploitive people are checking out. The Mets and Dodgers are the only teams with owners who have really tried this past decade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The sport's ownership is so blatantly exploitive people are checking out. The Mets and Dodgers are the only teams with owners who have really tried this past decade.

This.  It's also a really busy time for me so I can't watch as many games as I normally would.