Is QB Caleb Williams in the god tier of prospects?

RaidersAreOne

13 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I can't speak for Mahomes, but I can say that I have yet to write expletives on my fingers on national television.

Because you haven’t been given the opportunity to be on national television… but we know what would happen if they let you

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I doubt this is true, but if he is all he'd get is a "lol no" from every executive in the league. Unless he shows out like Mahomes and wins multiple Super Bowls, there's absolutely no ground for him to stand on.

Dov Kleiman used to be a poster here roughly a decade ago. He went by the username Billy Spikes during his tenure here. I believe he's a Pats fan.

That's funny he used to post here. I have no clue who he is but I just see him on Twitter and he usually does a decent job keeping the news right but not going to pretend I've kept his tweets under a microscope. He's just relaying info from Mike Florio though. Caleb is now talking **** to fans (at least it can be taken that way), calling them sheep and him being a lion so it's just another red checkmark on this dude's attitude. Like, just don't even acknowledge the fan. It's not hard to shut up about it. He just seems like he's going to be a headcase. If the ownership thing is true, I would hope what you stated would be true but some people will do anything to win soooo.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I doubt this is true, but if he is all he'd get is a "lol no" from every executive in the league. Unless he shows out like Mahomes and wins multiple Super Bowls, there's absolutely no ground for him to stand on.

Even if he refused to play without a piece of ownership, the CBA won't allow it.  Clickbait article is clickbait.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Even if he refused to play without a piece of ownership, the CBA won't allow it.  Clickbait article is clickbait.

Even worse, it's RECYCLED clickbait.  This was a story like a month ago (at least that was the first time I saw it), and it's only been zombified back into existence because Caleb laid an egg vs Notre Dame, so now all the beat writers are recycling the story barely anyone saw (save the teams already in the '23 pit of misery that expect to be in draft range for him), since "hate on caleb" articles are all the rage this week.

The other big one is claims that he's going to refuse to play for specific teams, because his dad had a comment earlier this year. That one has come back a few times already. The reality is, unless he massively tanks his draft stock, he's getting drafted by a terrible team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Has everyone finally put their junk back in their pants now?

Doubt it. 

He's getting the Zach Wilson hype treatment. It doesn't matter what evidence is out there, the idea of him being a generational prospect was put out into the collective conscience already and it shall be blasphemy to point out the very glaring deficiencies. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Doubt it. 

He's getting the Zach Wilson hype treatment. It doesn't matter what evidence is out there, the idea of him being a generational prospect was put out into the collective conscience already and it shall be blasphemy to point out the very glaring deficiencies. 

Wilson was a nonprospect that became elite