Josh McDaniels Decides to Stay with New England

WeaponX

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

Did the Colts dirty, but I’m not really sure why so many feathers are being ruffled. From Colts fans I get, but not everyone else.

If we’re to assume Josh got a late, aggressive deal from Kraft and then took it, are we really going to call him a scumbag or POS because he did what’s best for him (or at least, what he perceives is the best for him)? Yeah, the Colts get screwed. They should be pissed. Not sure I’d venture down the “he’s garbage” route though. I’m not going to pretend like I wouldn’t do what’s best for me and my family. 

Even if we’re going as far as to say that Kraft did this to purposely screw over the Colts - was he or the Patriots supposed to do them a favor? There’s (probably?) bad blood between the two franchises after the deflating fiasco, so it’s sort of a no brainer that Kraft is going to stick it to Irsay. 

Shrug. All I can do is hope McDaniels learned since Denver. Major step down from Belichick, but pretty much any coach will be.

This. 

He reacted to a better deal. Kraft made the offer late. What is he supposed to do? Fake commitment to a city and team that he doesn’t really want to be a part of? How is that any better? 

• Like 1

Report saying McDaniels wasn’t promised anything from NE and that there are no formal commitments. 

Not that “promises” or “commitments” seem to mean that much......

Edited by Yin-Yang

Colts got screwed here, but they really don't have much of a recourse now. Florio pointed it out but their was no formal signed contract and the only thing the Colts could do to plead their case is say they got a verbal agreement from him.... during a time the league rules forbid teams from signing him. . So they are kind of left up the river here. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Kraft watched the Super Bowl and got terrified of taking a risk with the offense that kept them in the game knowing how much work the defense needs. Keeping McDaniels pretty much guarantees the offense stays the same for next year (assuming Brady doesn't decline and they don't suffer major injuries), while they spend all off season looking at defense. Also wouldn't be surprised if there was a wink wink deal "Josh stay with us, Belichick's only got a few more years and you've been here since the early days, we know whose turn it is next".

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

still stacks of good coordinators out there.

One guy I would look at it is John Deflippo. He did a great job as the Browns OC and he has done a great job with Phi QB's. Seems like a leader. I wish we had kept him as our OC when we hired Hue. 

Why would Flip go somewhere he can't even choose his defensive coordinator though? I think the job is just rotten now. Luck can't throw. A defensive coordinator forced on you. Just a terrible spot.

1 hour ago, paul-mac said:

I really want bad things to happen to McDaniels and Kraft. Pair of nasty pieces of work. 

Your burning hatred of the Patriots is hilarious.

Is your hatred of the Patriots greater than your support of the Broncos?