All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The STL Cardinals Thread - First to Fourth (22-19)

I kind of like the way Shildt is handling Hicks. A lot of older closers might have needed to pitch last night in a game that wasn't close to stay sharp. We shouldn't be wasting any innings of Hicks, IMO.
  3. Trade rumors and free agency thread

James Harden is a career 36% 3PT shooter KD is a career 38% 3PT shooter Kawhi 38% PG 38% Tatum sitting at 40%, he shot 47% this year as a 20 year old Sophomore. So tell me why we should expect him to dip to 35%? Tatum absolutely has top 10 player upside, will he get there? Who knows but people discrediting him because he was 20 and didn’t handle his entire role changing need to pump the brakes as much as people saying he’s a lock to be a superstar. The whole point is he’s easily the best singular piece available unless the Grizzlies have the #2 pick available
  4. 2020 Head Coaching Candidates?

Lol what are you talking about. He had an interview with Raiders in 2012 and literally had an interview this year with the Packers
  5. Rosen vs Murray

I thought that Rosen was very overrated as a prospect for a number of reasons, but thought that outside of height Murray was a good prospect. I’m going with Murray (though both could bust).
  6. Jets fire Mike Maccagnan.

Would be real nice if we could go into a draft with all of our picks just once. Hopefully it’s for an extra we we acquired like you said.
  7. The STL Cardinals Thread - First to Fourth (22-19)

I think this is the deepest bullpen I can remember in my history as a Cards fan. There aren't any guys in there that are just "mop up duty only pitchers". We need it when the starters only go 4.
  8. NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

Why no Zeke?
  9. Random Raider Stuff

Demoralizing. I hope this is completely different next offseason.
  10. Baltimore Ravens 2019 Offseason Tracker

FWIW Just off the top of my head, I know JC Jackson and Sony Michel were key players for the Patriots run last year. As I've said multiple times, a coach preferring to not lean on rookies and young talent is a reasonable position. It's when they carry the philosophy to a fault that it becomes an issue. I don't know the circumstances surrounding Lamp. I'm not a Charger fan. You're acting like all rookies and young players are exactly equal entities, and that by Harbaugh doing something with his one of his rookies that another coach has- it's then automatically correct or acceptable. It's hard to think of a dumber argument. That's not what you've been arguing. You've been arguing that if a young player or rookie isn't playing or receiving time commensurate with displayed talent, that there then has to be reason for it that includes a deficiency or liability in their game. Instead of Harbaugh being biased against said young players/rookies, especially in circumstances when he can get away with leaning on a passable veteran talent. Don't disavow it now. I'm not guessing or betting on anything. I'm basing every conclusion on all the evidence available to me. I didn't magically come to the conclusion that specific players are due for more time. If Bowser and Williams or any young player I've referenced didn't flash, or the players in front of them hadn't faltered- this wouldn't be a topic. If the only constant of said players' situations wasn't youth, and Harbaugh. Then I and others wouldn't have come to this obvious conclusion about him as a coach. Your argument is that despite all evidence pointing to a player being worthy of a larger role, if Harbaugh isn't awarding it to them- then there must be a justifiable reason for him doing so that doesn't include a criticism of him as a coach. And naturally it's a reason that we couldn't possibly ever know, and one that won't show up on game film. Be for real Dan. That's pure nonsense, and if you were a player on the Ravens you wouldn't want that kind of logic applied to you.
  11. 2019 Free Agent Discussion

Yep, there use to be a lot of great football talk here. Now, every thread is a TAPT thread filled with nonsense and very little football talk at all. For Spriggs, he's had some success as a Packer and now the OL is going to a scheme he's played his whole life. Add in that he's still a young player and this very well could be breakout year for him.
  12. Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

@kempusYeah i was talking in euros. I don't have watched enough games of any of those players to compare their abilities with Sancho. Maybe Sane, but he's a different kind of player, that uses his speed to his advantage. In comparision Sancho is more technical than him. Overall I just know what he did for us in this season and what other players before him did for us in past seasons and i can fairly say that he is among and probably the most impressive young player we had on the team over the last decade. It's not only his scorer points that are impressive, it's his entire game. A lot of teams in the Bundesliga are playing defensively against us, which was often pretty tough for us. To a majority of time Reus and Sancho were the ones who were able to break those defenses and initializing an attack. Withouth their creativity it wouldn't have been possible for us to play that season. Dembele was also quite good, but he didn't had those attributes that make Sancho the difference maker he is. Dembele cost Barca 125 million euro overall. It's a crazy price obviously, but unfortunately that's how the market has developed. That's why i think 150 million euro might be the acceptance limit for Dortmund. Maybe i'm a bit too much of a homer here, but i can't see us getting anything lower than that. Again i don't know how Sterling, Silva, Sane, Mahrez or any other of the starting players of the top 6 PL clubs compares to Sancho. I also i can just guess, but i can't say for sure if the PL plays more of an offensive playing style than the Bundesliga helping the performances of the named players and it would be a stretch to think of how the overall quality of City/Liverpool f.ex. affects and helps these players in comparision to Sanchos gameplay in Dortmund, were he and Reus are the most important players for the offense. Take one out and it's going to be tough. Take both out and we're going to have a problem to remain the level of gameplay. I think it's tough to compare these players. Put one of them into the others situation and you can see a comparison. For now i can just compare Sanchos performance to other players we had in recent years and sold later (like Dembele) to get a feeling for a potential price tag. Since my conclusion would be that Sancho is a bit better than Dembele was, i would think that it needs more than 125 million euro to get him.
  13. That frontcourt would get killed defensively and I kinda have a hard time seeing Cousins being a positive player after all these injuries. Seems like a Mavs move though
  14. Trade rumors and free agency thread

Because he is a wing that isn’t a great 3 point shooter. Yeah he had a good rookie year but he regressed this year and his numbers at duke show he is probably closer to a 35-36% 3PT shooter than a 43% he was as a rookie. And that’s on just 3 attempts a game. He needs to be making that percentage at 7-8 a game. Unless you can dominate down low like Giannis then you gotta have a Really good 3 ball as a wing or do something more than iso. Even then his scoring isn’t out of this world. Then you want to use a SSS of 19 games from his rookie year but it wasn’t like those numbers jumped off the page. He went 18-4-2 on 47% shooting in the playoffs last year. This year it dropped to 15-6-2 on 43% shooting (once again a SSS). Just because he can iso a bit isn’t going to make him a top 10 player. Just because he is young doesn’t mean he will be a top 10 player either. There are too many other young stars that have looked better in the early part of their careers plus the guys that are still up there. Young guys [under 25] I’d take over Tatum right now (not in order): Doncic Trae DLo Booker Giannis Jokic Embiid Porzingas He is in range with JMurray Fox Bagley JJJ etc. and right now there are still guys like KD Kyrie Steph Harden PG Kawhi etc to compete with for a top 10 spot.
  15. Transfers & Rumors: Deadline Drama!

According to the Mirror (believe at your own peril barring a few decent writers), Us and United are in for LW Sessegnon from Fulham (also some nonsense about us gazumping United). Fulham want $40M. He's got pretty good potential and has shown good things, however 40M for a player with 1 year left on his contract seems a little steep. Still he's the type of player I want Liverpool to target this summer.
  16. Tight End Statistical Projections

Correlation coefficient is a measure of the relationship between two variables, and is a number between -1 and 1. If the correlation coefficient is -1, the variables have a perfect negative relationship (as one moves up, the other moves down) and a correlation of 1 is a perfect positive relationship. A correlation coefficient of 0 means there is no correlation, so the closer to 0, the weaker the correlation. 0.54 isn’t considered a terribly strong correlation, but it’s far and away better than -0.31 (negative because as draft pick increases from 1 to 256, AV decreases).
  17. I tried tagging others but it did not pull up.
  18. 2019 Free Agent Discussion

Best thing anyone can do is learn that when someone disputes your opinion you don’t have to dispute their opinion.
  19. What do you guys think of a healthy Porzingis/Cousins frontcourt?
  20. What's crazy to me is that the Twins' payroll is less than it was last year. So the money is there if they want to make a legit offer to a free agent (Kimbrel/Keuchel) or trade for a pitcher with a high salary. Has Buxton turned a corner? He's about a .230 career hitter and seems to have notoriously slow starts at the plate, but if he truly is going to be .275-.280 hitter, that's going to be a huge boost to the lineup.
  21. Trade rumors and free agency thread

Reasoning? Not saying you’re wrong but he’s 20 years old and certainly flashed that ability as a ROOKIE in the playoffs.
  22. Looks like we're back to lynching people for no apparent reasons
  23. Today
  24. 2020 Draft Prospects

I reaaaalllly want CeeDee Lamb next year dude looks like he’s gonna be a star and his playing style looks like it fits what Gase likes to do
  25. MLB Regular Season 1.0

i remember the days when @Mesa_Titanand @DalCowboyzRulesaid the astros wont be nothing when they move to the AL West. Ha! Good times
  26. @Danger, block me if you think I am mafia and want to deny me the night kill. I would completely understand that. If you think I am going to use the lynchproof power ... I don't know what to tell you at this point.
  27. Around The League V.2

I really wanted him when he came out, he was basically the Nick Bosa of that draft. He didn’t have a hall of fame type career, but he was still good. Personally i think he should be remembered for his off the field work in Philadelphia when donated his game checks. Great guy 10/10 i wish he was a Raider.
  1. Load more activity