What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

At almost 70? Cheese and rice what a jackass.  He knows better.  He knew better when he said it.  And he said it anyway.  Imagine trading morals and decency for the chance to come off as “edgy”.  

Worse yet, image being almost 70 without actually learning how to be a decent human?

The only excuse that even made a modicum of sense was that he thinks every leader needs to be Mike Jordan. Jordan was a sociopath. So even that excuse is stupid.  

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

God I hate Skip Bayless. 

Dak did an interview yesterday speaking about his anxiety due to Covid. Followed by depression and his brother committing suicide. 

Skip called him "weak" for those emotions. 

effe Skip.

Leading COD is suicide for people in the 14-24 age bracket and 25% of adults (polled) during Covid admitted to contemplating it (probably just a coincidence with a 25% unemployment rate). I’ve had 4 of my students and/or athletes 22 and under die by their own hand since April.

Yeah, but this is all a joke though for clicks and hot takes. Dude is the worst. 

• Like 3

the problem with these contrarian types is they inevitably, as LGB puts it, get to the point where they trade their morals and decency for the chance to come off as "edgy" and maintain that contrarian persona that's given them success

skip says a lot of ridiculous **** but this has been a long time coming; you don't just see it in sports media either, you see it in political talkshows, radio shows, lifestyle shows and whatever. skip is to blame here definitely but let's not let the network off the hook for cultivating and promoting the persona that he has built up.

• Like 1

Yeah, sorry, I'm not going to let this go. The fact that:

1. Dak's brother died from suicide

AND

2. He was depressed in direct correlation to that event (who can blame him?!?!?!) AND Covid

AND

3. As a big name athlete, he was brave enough to raise awareness for these struggles and encourage people to reach out for help/not go through this alone

...not to mention everything else discussed, and the fact that Skip is an absolute hack to begin with, his career should be 100% over. 

Grubhub is limited in my area, I can get things as far as 30 mins away cause the only grubhub driver lives 30 mins away. On that note, would it be wrong to order something from him on grubhub from the coffee shop that’s one building away from my apartment just for the lols

5 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Grubhub is limited in my area, I can get things as far as 30 mins away cause the only grubhub driver lives 30 mins away. On that note, would it be wrong to order something from him on grubhub from the coffee shop that’s one building away from my apartment just for the lols

tell him to drive faster and he will be there in less time

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah, sorry, I'm not going to let this go. The fact that:

1. Dak's brother died from suicide

AND

2. He was depressed in direct correlation to that event (who can blame him?!?!?!) AND Covid

AND

3. As a big name athlete, he was brave enough to raise awareness for these struggles and encourage people to reach out for help/not go through this alone

...not to mention everything else discussed, and the fact that Skip is an absolute hack to begin with, his career should be 100% over. 

He should absolutely lose his job. It's not like this is a one off for him either, he's full of **** takes just to get attention and that's been his schtick his entire career. He's a hack and the fact that outlets keep hiring is an even worse look for them. FS1's statement is hollow unless Skip gets fired. 

I lost a cousin to suicide, had my own attempt and have battled anxiety/depression for 20 years. To say it's a sign of weakness to admit you are battling those demons or that it makes you less of a leader is absolutely harmful and dangerous. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, D82 said:

He should absolutely lose his job. It's not like this is a one off for him either, he's full of **** takes just to get attention and that's been his schtick his entire career. He's a hack and the fact that outlets keep hiring is an even worse look for them. FS1's statement is hollow unless Skip gets fired. 

I lost a cousin to suicide, had my own attempt and have battled anxiety/depression for 20 years. To say it's a sign of weakness to admit you are battling those demons or that it makes you less of a leader is absolutely harmful and dangerous. 

Thanks for your willingness to share! I lost my Grandfather to suicide, and a couple of his brothers as well, and my Grandmother struggled with depression essentially up until the day she died. FS1 should absolutely fire him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Thanks for your willingness to share! I lost my Grandfather to suicide, and a couple of his brothers as well, and my Grandmother struggled with depression essentially up until the day she died. FS1 should absolutely fire him.

I'm sorry to hear that man. Mental health is something that has been stigmatized for far too long, especially in men. It is in no way a weakness or a lack of masculinity to talk about your feelings or to show emotion. 

I hope people force the issue and stop tuning in to his show. Put the pressure on and force FS1 to terminate the hack. 

• Like 1

For the married fellas and explicitly not @Matts4313, when you filled out your gift registry, how much of that stuff did you actually want? Of the things that you actually got from your gift registry, how much of it ended up boxed up in storage and is still sitting there years later?

Agonizing over what to buy for a friends wedding. I've always been a strict gift card person but this friend is a closer friend than most weddings I attend so I feel like I should so something else.