Relationship Advice Thread

scar988

17 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

My Wife just took a home test and it was positive. What do I do? 

First of all, congratulations! Here's what you do:

1. Take care of her and let her know when her body needs something, like protein, vitamins (prenatal are absolutely essential, make sure she's getting enough folic acid, etc.), and all of that. My wife wasn't eating enough/getting run down with our first at the start, so I had to gently remind her that she was eating for two, that she needed to rest/sleep when she was tired, etc.

2. Schedule an appointment with an OBGYN to confirm and get that first ultrasound for the heartbeat, to see how far along she is, get the measurements, etc.

3. Be with her every step of the way and be her biggest cheerleader. She needs you!

4. Love that kid with every ounce of energy you have his or her entire life. Your priorities have all drastically changed in the last 24 hours. :)

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

My Wife just took a home test and it was positive. What do I do? 

Quarantine for 14 days, or longer if she develops symptoms.

But seriously, depending on your answer, I may or may not have advice: are you trying?/is this a pregnancy that both of you want?

4 hours ago, Daniel said:

Quarantine for 14 days, or longer if she develops symptoms.

But seriously, depending on your answer, I may or may not have advice: are you trying?/is this a pregnancy that both of you want?

We've been together for 7 years and have settled with 2 as the magic number. We weren't trying per say but took the, we're ok with it happening if it does if that makes any sense. Wanted to have 1 right before we are 30. Just turned 27. Right now I'm nervous because I still drink Monster for breakfast with reese puffs and I've been underwater welding since the pandemic came along because it's the only work I could find.

Edited by BullsandBroncos
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

We've been together for 7 years and have settled with 2 as the magic number. We weren't trying per say but took the, we're ok with it happening if it does if that makes any sense. Wanted to have 1 right before we are 30. Just turned 27. Right now I'm nervous because I still drink Monster for breakfast with reese puffs and I've been underwater welding since the pandemic came along because it's the only work I could find.

Then I have no advice to give. Listen to the kids people.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

We've been together for 7 years and have settled with 2 as the magic number. We weren't trying per say but took the, we're ok with it happening if it does if that makes any sense. Wanted to have 1 right before we are 30. Just turned 27. 

Looks like you're on track then... Congratulations!

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Right now I'm nervous because I still drink Monster for breakfast with reese puffs and I've been underwater welding since the pandemic came along because it's the only work I could find.

Everyone gets nervous going into it - I was in my "eating Jack in the Box breakfast on the recliner while watching Star Trek with Chris Pine and Zoe Saldana Saturdays" phase when my Girlfriend/Future Wife told me she was pregnant. I was smoking a pack of cigarettes a day, drinking a bunch of beer on the porch with buddies after flag football or softball - but, I had to get that out of the system. Ultimately, I did - because I couldn't wait to be a dad (the smoking didn't end until about 2016 or so - son was five and his baby sister was a year old before I got that out of my system for good).

Work is tough, given everything we've been going through. Can't really give you too much advice on that, but it looks like you're finding steady work - which is very good, all things considered. Don't be too worried - it's going to be a busy nine months, so keep us updated!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So me and this lady that works in another department at the bank I work at are real cool. We have been friends for at least 4 years.   She just turned 50. and Im in my 30's.  We talk nearly every single day and even after hours at work. She is married and has 2 daughters that are around my age.  What would be the best way to go about trying to ask her to see if one of them might be interested in going on a date.  I dont think she would mind it since she knows how good of a person I am, I just want to see the best way to go about it. 

1 hour ago, Texansfan713 said:

So me and this lady that works in another department at the bank I work at are real cool. We have been friends for at least 4 years.   She just turned 50. and Im in my 30's.  We talk nearly every single day and even after hours at work. She is married and has 2 daughters that are around my age.  What would be the best way to go about trying to ask her to see if one of them might be interested in going on a date.  I dont think she would mind it since she knows how good of a person I am, I just want to see the best way to go about it. 

Damn I thought this was going in a different direction. Okay let me re focus...Just ask your co-worker if her daughter is single. Moms know what's up. They want their kids to meet nice guys and get married. If she knowns you are interested and will be a good fit she will try to make it happen

Edited by TJM217
Grammar
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

Damn I thought this was going in a different direction. Okay let me re focus...Just ask your co-worker if her daughter is single. Moms know what's up. They want their kids to meet nice guys and get married. If she knowns you are interested and will be a good fit she will try to make it happen

ya she told me she is single 2 weeks ago.